Monday, July 18, 2011

I Was Open...Noon 'til 4...on Sunday!

It was Great...Not super busy...perfect...it was a scorcher....so I'm surprised....anyone came out....Wanda and Terry...Brandon popped out...Kerri, and her Sweet Mom...Steph...Rick and Karen...Ed, from C.R..... It was Great! Laid back....well...sort of...Dale popped in...and we got the van unloaded...{thanks Brandon!}
At 4:01....I collapsed.... Being out in the heat...working...whew... I was ready for a Tall Glass of Water...Lot's of them...
I didn't even take any pictures...
I would like to thank all of the Folks who stopped by, this last week... Laurie, from the Twin Cities...and Renee, from Wisconsin...Thank You....Laurie sent a very Sweet E-Mail, this Morn, about the Rabbit Hole... and It Made My Day!!!
I talked to Brandon {house things} a bit, about how critical, some of us are, on ourselves...God has given each of us a Gift...Brandon's...mine, and so many of our friends, are artists... I used to think, anyone could do what we do...it's nothing...
No More of That... We are Gifted...tho, some may not appreciate what we do....a lot of Very Cool People...do....{I'm sure thankful, for that e-mail, Laurie...another God Wink!}
One of my friends, that stopped by...said he was so happy, I am taking the time, to be in the shop.... he said...."for you"....He thinks I can use the rest...I guess... {we laughed....working, here, down the Rabbit Hole...is rest, for me...} He said I deserve a little 'slow down'...He's right...I really enjoyed the afternoon...and knowing...were I was going to be...for 4 hours...for sure... kind of grounding....ahhhhh....
I'm making deliveries, today.... I have to finish loading the truck, then get goin'...It's going to be hot.... well over 100, with the heat index...they say....That's what makes the Corn Grow!
Hope you have a Great Day!
Barb C.
{this is a Wonderful mid 1880's Farm Ledger, I bought from Lynn and Lea...last week...I Love reading them... they really make you think...}
{stay cool...and bring your Pets inside...or at the very least....keep them cool...with Plenty of Shade...and Fresh Water!!! {a shallow pan of water, for critters is a kind thing to do.....{wild ones...} I found a dieing baby opossum, in one of my crocks, outside..many years ago.....it was hot...and he climbed in, to get a drink, then couldn't get out..... I was heart broken....he didn't make it.... so, now, I keep a concrete pig feeder, filled with water... for ground critters....and try and be more careful about things that can  trap.....}

No comments: