Monday, July 18, 2011

Simply....Iowa

Love the Darling Concrete Block...My Pal...and Sweetest Neighbor, Cathy B. presented to me, this afternoon...That She MADE! I am soooo Surrounded by the Most Creative Goddess's! {Cathy IS Amazing....}
As I was walking into the house tonight....through the sweltering heat....that I had been working in...all flippin' day.... I was suddenly struck by the name, I have called this business, for 11 years...{along with Cross Creek}.... "Simply Iowa"... {I've watched the word 'simply' be tacked onto everything, since the first year, Julie and I used it, at Heart of Country, in 2000....Simply Orange...Simply Shabby...Simply Elegant...Simply Divine...Real Simple...and, be the Headline Banner, on countless magazines...I could go on and on....} But....I thought....as I was melting through the door....There is Nothing 'Simple'...about what I create....Nothing...sparse....or streamlined...minimal...in what I do...or...who I am...or...how I think....or envision things ....NOTHING...not one thing...in fact...it's 100% opposite...It's...Over the Top...Filled to the Brim...Gnarled Up...Twisted....a bit Gaudy......
Flamboyant...to say the very least...and usually...Simply....Frickin'....BIG....
Well, now.... That, makes sense, why I would choose...'Simply Iowa'...
It goes back to the Mad Hatter...and The Rabbit Hole...where Nothing is Quite, what it Seems....
These are a couple of the old Cupboards, I bought at Bloomington, on Saturday.... The Black Pie Safe...is very interesting...in many ways....It's been in one family...for well over a hundred years....it belonged to the Uncle, of the Woman I purchased it from... He was a Bee Keeper...and made his living, his entire life, with them....he was a frugal man, she said...never through anything away.... I see where he has many times over, patched, and painted the Old Pie Safe...I gotta tell ya... It grabbed me, as I was walking by the booth....and it wouldn't let go! If anything...has ever had Soul...here it is...oh my...
The Green Pie Safe...is Old..Old...Old....Three...huge boards, create the back...and it's all square nailed... It's also, straight off the Farm...I Love It!
And the Table... well...One can never have, too many Harvest Tables!!! This one is Walnut, with a two Board, Pine Top....I'm having John extend the legs...it's a bit too short, for folks our size...John does an Amazing Job, on Table legs...
His Birthday is Tomorrow... I will have to show you, what he has been working on...John is truly an Artist...I asked him to do this piece, three years ago...he pulled it out, a few months ago... and it's finally done...It Will Blow Your Mind....This Piece, should be in a Gallery...Wanda and Brandon got a sneak peak, yesterday... I wish I would have had a camera, and got a picture of their expressions....
It Was Priceless...
All I can say is....
Tune in Tomorrow...
WOWZA!
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{The reason I created 'Simply Iowa', so many years ago, was .... we were doing Heart, in Nashville...I knew the customers wouldn't remember, my shop's name...or Julie's for that matter....but, I thought if we combined our shops, under that heading, we, would be the 'Simply Iowa' booth...I just wanted to get folks to Iowa, and Shop....whether it be with us, or any other Iowa Antiquers...we just needed to get 'em here... Iowa Is an Amazing Antiquing Area! Funny...not many call me by my name, out and about...they call me "Simply Iowa"...and...that's o.k. with me....}
{I just looked up the definition of Simply...
"easily understood, or done; presenting no difficulty."}
interesting....that describes Simply Iowa...{if your listening to the Mad Hatter!}
I liked the definition of Flamboyant...and Gaudy....
Now That's What I'm Talkin' About....
That's...Simply Iowa!

No comments: