Monday, March 7, 2011

The Mourning Dove....

As I sat down, to write this morning... I heard, a most mournful sound, through the kitchen window... it was so perfectly repetitive...I wasn't sure, what it was... I quietly walked out the door...to see a pair of Mourning Doves, fly from our roof, to the Maple Tree....They are quite large... and so Beautiful....One...is still cooing, as I continue to write....
Life is Amazing... and...this is my Blessing..for the day....
Go Receive the Blessings, that Await You....
This mid 1800's Currier and Ives print, hangs in my bedroom...in memory of a Beautiful Dove, I once loved...and cared for....
This print, was a gift, sometime back... from Nancy, at Rug Cottage...
Blessings... 
Barb C.

4 comments:

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

May this day be for a blessing.
Coo...to you.
Kari

Simply Iowa said...

Oh...Kari...
Thank You....
Blessings....
Seems...there is much saddness... on this journey....{watching the news...}
Oh my... there are also many Blessings...{watching life unfold}
Saddly...
we may not see them... until...we look in the rear veiw mirror...
I'm trying...to grab them...as they present themselves... oh my...what a Bountiful Harvest!
Blessings...to You...
Barb C.

Betty G said...

:) God luv you, sweetie! (((HUG)))

Simply Iowa said...

Blessings...to you Sweet Betty....
Barb C.