Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Harper's Quilt....

I spotted this Funky Vintage Quilt, at Fern Hill, {South Amana, Iowa...319-622-3627} before I went to Nashville...An Elderly Friend of Patty's, had brought it to her store, to sell... I had never seen Patty behave, in such a manner, with a quilt....To say the very least...It was Puzzling, to her....{Patty deals in some of the very finest Vintage Quilts, Amish Quilts, and has a huge Variety, of  Quilt Fabrics, including her daughter's, and my friend, Steph's line of all hand designed Fabric!{stepanie brandenburg studios} So...The Girl Knows Her Textiles! It was interesting to stand back...and just watch her face...while attempting to figure this old Darling out...
 Of Course... I LOVED IT!!!!
I asked her what it would take to buy it....she about fell over...
It was perfect Craziness...for the Spring Mad Hatter Booth! Paisley's...Polka dots....unbelievable, funky patterns...tiny pieced....Apple Greens....Pinks...Oranges... then...Huge Squares, of  Nondescript, fabric...truly...made no sense at all....PERFECT!!!!
So...I bought it...and had Grand Thoughts of it in the Booth!
Then... Miss Audrey Called... {Sweet Cheeks Tasty Treats}... said she was preparing for Harper's first Birthday... and wondered, if I had a Fun Quilt, for a 'back drop'... at the party.... As we all know...I have quilts, out the wazoo... but... I also...just found...The Perfect Quilt...For Aud...This is Audrey...and I told her... it's also Harper... {she is her mother's daughter!...{little did I know...}
 Audrey stopped by, before I got to the shop...had already found an old quilt... then...I took the Mad Hatter one, out of the bag....Oh My... She nearly dropped.... so.... It went home, with her...
She also bought a little child's cupboard, for Harper... I delivered it, yesterday... Audrey told me, how much Harper, and Dane, Loved the Old Quilt... I was glad...
I had no idea... while I was there, Harper was fussy...{ear infection....} so Audrey pulled the Old Quilt out, and threw it on the floor.... That Little Girl, totally changed.... the minute she touched that quilt...all cares were gone...just laughs...and squeals! Take her off.... back to fussy.... It was uncanny!  They call it The Magic Quilt... oh my....
It Is Truly...Magic!
Who would have thought... I'm glad I was it's Bridge...It has found the Most Perfect Home!
Love to Ya!
Barb C.
This is a Happy Squeal!

8 comments:

sue in mexico mo said...

I like what you said, " I'm glad I was it's Bridge".

Audrey @ Sweet Cheeks said...

Barb we LOVE our MAGIC Quilt! It was seriously the strangest thing...the first time I brought it home and laid it out on the floor Harper just went NUTS over it! We curl up with it at story time, sit in a cirle on it for music time, it makes a great fort draped over the coffee table and some chairs...this quilt wasn't destined to hang on a wall ;)

You always have what I'm looking for...a lot of times even before I start looking! Thanks as always...your treasures have helped make our house a home!

Kay said...

I'm so glad you snatched it up for Harper. It is a wonderous quilt... I would have snatched it up too!

Simply Iowa said...

I think there were many bridges...in this case...and are, many bridges, in life... when one stands back, and looks as life has unfolded... EVERYTHING...Down to the Gnat's Behind...happens for a reason... sometimes...Wonderful.... sometimes... Painful...{unbearable} But...if one, just gets out... and meets people...talks to them...listen, to them... put yourself in their shoes... oh my... what an amazing Journey... and once in a while...you have the Honor, of being the Bridge...
Love to Ya, Sue!
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Aud!
I think you are such an Amazing Woman.... You always have been an 'Old Soul'...{it takes one, to know one!} Your gears are always turning...and you are Very Soulful...It shows in everything you do... From Photography... to Your Amazing New Endeavor... 'Cup Cakes'! I know you will get the T.V. Gig... no doubt... and you'll Shake'em Up! If they are too blind, and don't get ya... You will climb way higher, than they could have taken you!
I have Faith in You!
Go Get 'em Tiger! GRRR!!!!
Love to Ya!
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Kay!
Well.... this one had Harper's Name on It... before I knew it did!.... So...You couldn't have had this one...However...I AM SURE!!!! There is one, here at the shop, waiting for YOU!!!
Love to Ya...Sweet Pea!
Tell John, 'HEY!'
Barb C.
{try and make it to the Garden Party...April 8th, or 9th! and...the Memorial Day Weekend Sale...is the end of May...oh my You Wanna See QUILTS! Oh Dear!!!!}

Fern Hill Gifts and Quilts said...

Barb,
I knew this quilt was a treasure when I saw it. Someone made it with love, they used the scraps they had collected and created this one of a kind beauty. I am so glad it was welcomed with the same love which had created it. Thanks for the pictures, I am definately going to show Patti, she will be so pleased.
Roxanne

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Roxanne!
It was Great seeing you, yesterday...at Fern Hill! You and I...both felt the Soul...in this Old Darling... and...It has found The Most Perfect Home...
I visited with Patti, about it, the other day... she was overjoyed.... It Truly is...a God Thing....
Isn't Amazing... how our lives are touched...at every cross road... if we simply...remember...to look up...
Love to You...
Barb C.