Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Christmas...


Christmas Past.
<3


I remember that 'Visit'... like it was Yesterday.
<3
How's that tune go...
'Wish I didn't know now... what I didn't know then.'
Guess most... Everyone... could sing that tune.


The other Tune, that comes to mind... when looking back, 
is 'The Dance'... by Garth Brooks.
<3
; )

Life is Quite a Journey... if Ya Live It.
: )
Christmas 2013 was John's last.
Mom's... too.
{Sure never had a Thought... it would be. Grateful... for that.}

Peg... lost her battle, with what she referred to, as...
 'The dirty little bastard' 
'cancer', in 2016.

When 'The Tree' goes Up...
It's truly a 'Memory' Tree.
: )
Sister, Chery... passed away, just before Christmas, in 2003.
{Chery, like Peg... and John... fought that 'Dirty little bastard' too.}

Chery passed away, three days before Christmas.
I remember decorating 'The Tree'... that year...
my heart... was so incredibly heavy.
I cut special ribbons, to hang special ornaments on 'The Tree', that year.
When I pick those ornaments up... year, after year... 
they...
take me back.



I think... that's why John always helped put 'The Tree' Up, year... after year.
: )
He didn't Enjoy that Job, I know.
: )
but... he knew, It was Pretty Special.
It's a 'Memory Tree'.
<3
There were a couple Christmases.... over the years, I... couldn't find the Energy, the Soul...
to put up 'The Tree', much like this year.
Told John... "This year, maybe... we'd better let it go. I... just don't have it in me."
then...
I'd come Home... and find that John... had pulled 'The Tree' out, and had it Ready To Go.
<3
Oh...My.
: )

Looking at 'The Tree'... few would Know...
 How Many...
 are 
Represented.
<3

Grateful...
Fond, Happy...
Crazy...
Insane...
'Memories',
 gathered throughout every year.
; )

The Insanity... of this Crazy World...
Traveled with the Craziest...Insane People...
'Loved Ones'
on, The Craziest Insane... Paths.
: )
'The Dance'
: )
Glad I didn't Know... or give it a second thought...
how it all would end, or will end.
: )
There's something to be said... for Livin' in The Moment.
Flyin' by The Seat of Your Pants.
; )
Those... are the Times...
when
'Memories'....
 are 
Made.
: )
{Thanks, Dad!! <3 }

Love to Ya...
Prayers... for All.

Barb C.

{Congratulations to Brenda Lee for Hitting  #1 with 'Rocking Around The Christmas Tree' 65 years after she released it. }
<3 <3 <3 

No comments: