Monday, July 24, 2023

Sprinkler... or... Fire Hose.


Spent a little time down The Rabbit Hole, yesterday.
The Boys... hauled brush, and helped trim.
; )
It was Toasty... today.
Gonna get Toastier...
yet.
This week is gonna be a Warm One.
That's what makes The Corn Grow... in Iowa.
So does Rain... which, we've had so little of.

I'm grateful... on one hand, our Home isn't Flooding, with it being so dry.
but...
sure don't like these 'dry' spells.
: (
We haven't had any 'Real' Rain... in over two years.
: (
The Cedar River... is so low.
: (


Unloaded Sally, yesterday... from mine, and Allyson's...Jaunt... to Wisconsin, Saturday.
Brought home the Cool Old Shutters, Sweet little hanging Corner Cupboard, and bags of 'Littles'... 
I haven't unpacked yet.

Found a very cool... Old, old... Ink Well, at one of the Stores, in Cuba City.
As I was showing it to Allyson, while we were sitting on a Park Bench... in front of one of the Stores...
told her... 
"This... is why, I love this business. You can never learn it all. It's fun researching things you've never seen before."

I've been kinda Soul Searchin'... lately.
{That's always... a little scary. : ) }
Believe... I even surprised Allyson, with where my head's at.
; )
{That's sayin' a lot. ; )
She a Psychiatrist... more, than that... Allyson, is a Dear Friend. She knows me well. : ) }

When I wrote about... Brother, Larry... yesterday, and thinking about the 'Passion'... I once had, for the Love... of Old, 
oh my.
; )

That... was 'Then'.
'Before'.

So Much... has taken me away from what I Love So.
I... remember, being so incredibly frustrated at the Fairfax, Iowa
City Council Meetings, telling them all... while standing at the podium...
"I... can't do my job, and 'Yours'... too."
{Concerning Them... wanting to put a Bike Trail next to 151. {Suicide Trail} Wow.}
{That they Denied... to my face... Forever... and...ever, 'Ever asking' for, until... they couldn't.

IDOT District 6, and Fairfax 'City Hall'... had me chasin' my tail... for a long, long time.
I, uh... foolishly...  believed them all, at first,
 then... couldn't decide, who was lying. 
According to the Public Records, seems... they all were. }

That was 7 years ago, with Fairfax.
It's gotten nothing but worse... year, after year.

Allyson asked me how many years we've been Fighting Fairfax, and IDOT, on Saturday.
I, said... "Don't you remember... it was the day before our trip to Santa Fe, that I was served 
by The Linn County Sheriff, with Condemnation Papers, from The Iowa Department of Transportation?
{IDOT}
 Remember... I packed Mountain's of Paperwork... to take with us? 
'Josey Wales'... Climbed on Board, this 'Crazy Train'...
while we were in Santa Fe."
Allyson....
Burst Out...
 "THAT'S BEEN 5 YEARS!!!"

yes...
indeed.

Five Years... with IDOT.
Seven... with Fairfax.
{Fairfax... is now wanting to Condemn More, of our land, Now. IDOT, is helping them Fund It.}

A Dear Friend... is Going Through Hell, right now, too.
She... has tried to 'be', and 'do'... Everything, for Everyone...
Forever.
{Nothing but Pins...in The Air... Always.}

Told her... the other day...
"Girl... You can be a 'Sprinkler'... 
and try to keep Everything... and Everyone...
 kinda watered. 
or...
You can Quit... trying to 'Take Care'...of Everyone,
 and Everything, 
that... so many Others, need to be Doing for Themselves.
and,
Concentrate...
 on
 Your Main Goal...
with a 
Frickin'
FIRE HOSE."
; )
{Lord, Lord... If 'That' Girl, could 'Concentrate' on 'ONE' Goal, 
: ) 
instead of a
 Hundred.
Holy Shit!!!
Hahahahahaha!!!}
<3


I'm needing to take my own advise, these days, maybe.
; )

It's All... about The Journey.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: