Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Remembering... 'Bear'.


Spent yesterday...
 'At Rest'
Attended Barry's Celebration of Life... last Friday evening.
: )
The Place... Was Packed!!
<3
I didn't know many... there, I... only knew a tiny facet... of 'Barry'.
Visited with several of his Friends, that I'd met, over the years... 
visited with his Dad... whom, I'd met...many years ago, during a Sale, here.
My heart went out to him.
To Everyone.

I met Barry through the Antique Business, long ago, then...over the last few years, saw Barry... almost daily, when he took a job at Casey's... here, in Fairfax.
Every time I'd walk in Casey's, {often} and see Barry working... I'd yell out..
"Bear!!"
: ) : ) : )
We'd smile at each other... Barry would ask how I'm doin'...
my 'Always' reply...
"Livin' The Dream... Bear!! ; ) Livin' The Dream... Baby!!!!!"
: ) : ) : ) 
He'd say... "Yeah!! Me Too!!"
 ; )
{We 'understood', 'THAT' was a lie... for Both of us. ; )
and... We'd Laugh!! : ) : )  }
<3

The very first time I met Barry... was, maybe... 25, 30... years ago.
Sure wanted to meet him sooner.
Used to visit an Antique Shop... in Independence, Iowa... regularly.
{Dave's Shop}
While walking to Dave's... I'd have to pass another, that was Never... Open.
I'd peer through the big storefront windows.... of the Closed Shop.
It Was INSANE!!
Oh...my Gosh!!
HUGE Antique Garden Urns...
Chandeliers...
Antique French Furniture...
Antique Statues...
Huge Oil Paintings...
HOLY SMOKES!!
: )
{To This Day... my nose prints, finger prints... along with a little drool... are probably on that glass!!}
: )

One day... while visiting Dave's...
I saw a Man... working inside the Amazing... Over The Top...
Store.
: )
That Man, was Barry.
: )
<3
We Hit It Off!!!
: ) : ) : ) 
but, sadly...
Barry was there, packing.
He was closing his Store.
: (

Barry was going back and forth... from Iowa... to Miami, back then.
We kept in touch... I bought some things from Barry... and helped him sell... some of his Amazingness... to Friends, who shared our Mutual Love... of Grand Beauty.
<3

Barry would stop by, now and then... just to visit.
We'd sit under John's Old Oak, and swap Stories.
Oh My...
What a Life... Barry had.
; )

12-13.... years ago... Barry called me.
He was moving from his Condo, in Cedar Rapids.
He had some AMAZING Things... he needed to sell.
Huge Pieces.
{The pieces were too large for his new Condo}
I was heading to Gold Rush... {Rochester, MN.}
told him... I'd try to sell the items for him.
We loaded everything on to The Ford...


{That's when the above image was taken}
: )

When I left there... with a Very Interesting Load, from Barry....
had to meet with my older Sister, Merry Jo, and her Family... who were visiting from Washington... at Mom's.
Merry came outside, as I was leaving... and saw the Huge... Beautiful... Load, and said...
"WOW!! That's Amazing!! Bet it's Pricey Stuff!! Hope you can sell it."

I was adjusting the ratchet straps... on the precarious... fragile...load, and said...
"Hope I can too. Just wrote a Really Bad Check for it all."
; )

Merry's eyes... Got HUGE!!!
she said...
"You Wrote a 'Bad Check'????!!!!"
"Does the person 'Know'... You Wrote a 'Bad Check'????"
I kept working... and said...
"Hell yes...he knows I wrote him a 'Bad Check'...
I'd never give someone a bad check... without Telling Them... First."
: )

{Barry didn't want any money... from me, until the load sold. I... Insisted on giving him a check, to hold.
{Not to 'Cash'}
: )
{It was a LOT of Money}
 {To 'me'... it was. : )}

Told Barry... should something 'happen'... to me, {God only knows}
he'd have that check to prove I owed him.
; )

What a Wonderful...
Crazy...
Insane...
'Business', this is.
<3
Filled... with 
Wonderful...
Crazy...
Insane, People.
<3 <3 <3 
'Great People'
<3
those...
who
understand...
The Love... 
of Old.
<3

Don't know who... wrote this, for Barry's Obituary...
but, They were Spot On.
<3

"As we remember Barry, we celebrate a life led with audacity and authenticity. 
His contagious zest for life, his love for music, and his commitment to his work have left an indelible mark on those who knew him.
Barry's melody may have paused, but his rhythm echoes on, inspiring us to live fully, love deeply, and dance to our own tunes, just as he did."

Barry... was Quite a Character.
<3
He's Missed by Many.

Grateful... to Barry's Long Time... Dear Friend, Gail...
for keeping me in the loop, when Barry fell suddenly ill.
Told Gail... the other day, how... to me, over the years, she was like a Big Sister... to Barry.
They Loved each other... So.
<3
We sure Hoped, and Prayed... for a different outcome.

Life... is so incredibly short.

Fairfarren... Bear.
<3


No comments: