Sunday, July 16, 2023

Down...to The Walls. Those Damned... 'Parallels'.

Thanks So Much... to Everyone who Attended
The Marion, Iowa...
'Flash' Estate Sale.
<3
We Moved a Lot... with very... very... little prep time.
The 'Building', as promised...
Is
Empty.
; )
{ The 'Landlord' should be Happy. : )}
<3


The Party's Over.
: )

Pal, Bill... and I, went back to The Marion 'Flash' Estate Sale, this afternoon...
 settled up, with 'The Estate', picked up our supplies, Neighbor, Jay... hauled away...what needed to be gone...
and...
that's that.
; )

: )


With every Estate Sale... I learn something.
; )
this one...
was...
 maybe,
the most difficult one I've ever helped conduct.

Way...Way....
Too Many Parallels.
From Beginning... throughout... the sale.

My heart... went out to Caroline, {Robert's Wife} and Katie, {Robert's Daughter}
oh...my.
When we conduct these sales... speaking for myself...
I put on another 'Hat'.
Can't let emotions... get involved.
There's a 'Job'... to get Done, that's that.

Even...during the Sale, in Davenport...
few knew, including the Clients...
John had suddenly passed away, a few days... before we began working that sale.
{Thank God... for Dear Friends, Jan... Mark, Dale... along with Farmer Friends... Lynn...& Lea... who went to Davenport, and started WORK, { Grueling Work} on my behalf, right away.
 I was under 'Contract'... there was no way... to get around it.
That's why John's Celebration of Life... was moved to his Birthday, two months... after he left us.
John... knew better than anyone... 'Business... is Business.' 
Ya Keep Your 'Word'.
No Matter... What.}

Bill said... the other day...
"Barb, I know you understand better than anyone... what Caroline is going through."
the truth is...
I, do... on many levels.
but...
I've never been where Caroline is.

John's coat... is still hanging by the door, where he last put it on the Hall Seat's Hook.
So... are his old... holey... gloves.
: )
Haven't had to 'Sell'... any of John's...
'Dreams'.

It's only been eight...Insane Months... for Caroline.
yes...
I, know... exactly where her head is.
: (

The 'empathy'... for Caroline... isn't where my thoughts ended, with this Sale, tho.
During this sale...
oh my, so Many... More Parallels.
Eeeeeek!!
Gads!!!
: (

John was much like Robert, they both were in The Car Business... forever.
They All Knew... one another, for many miles around.
: )
John.. had his own 'Vocabulary'.
; )
He'd often refer to his Pal's... as his...
' Asshole Buddies'.
: )
<3
I knew most of 'em... pretty well, too.
; )

When John passed away, several of them came to me...
right away...
like Vultures.
Wanting me to sell them John's.... most precious treasures.
{Two of them even said to me.... right after John left us...
"I know you'll be needing the money, let me know when you're ready to 'sell'."
{really...?
; )
really...?
; )}

That's when I 'Really'.... learned the meaning of 
'Disappointment' in people.
wow.
: (
{It's not just Fairfax, Iowa... City Hall, and Iowa Department of Transportation, that have those
 'Special Traits'.
; )
{Bless their heart's... too.}
; )

During Robert's Sale...
met a few of Those 'Same'... type of people.

Uh...oh.

Way... Too Many 'Parallels'.

The Good News...
I, uh... do kinda know how to handle, 'Those'... kinda people, from 'experience'.
{Bless... their hearts.}
; )

Not in a mean way...
: )
but...
in a very...
Straight Forward,
 Factual...
Honest...
kinda...
way.
: )

{The 'Truth'... and 'Facts'... are difficult to argue against.}
; )

Closing an Estate...
can truly... bring out The Worst, in people.
So... Sad.
: (
What's even more sad...
are Those...
who like to take advantage... 
of others...
when they are at their very weakest.

{May 'They'...
Rot In Hell.}
; )

Gratefully...
So Incredibly...
Gratefully, 
99.9 percent of the People...
are
AMAZING!!!
<3 <3 <3 
: )
Oh... My Gosh, we Had Some GREAT Folks... through this Sale.
<3
Buying things... for their Churches, and... buying to Donate....for Special Causes.
<3
: )
So Many... enjoyed hearing about Robert... and his Passion for Cars... Music... and 
COFFEE!!
: )
<3

The Toyota... went to a Great Home!!
; )
It's gonna Help a Lot of People.
<3
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: