Sunday, July 23, 2023

Crazy... Dreamers.


FB Friend... Lanie Fritz, captured the above photo... 9 years ago, when she, and her Love.. Nick Knedler... stumbled across The Rabbit Hole, as they were driving by.
We had such a Wonderful Visit, that day.
: )
I wasn't open... just had gotten through John's...and Mom's... Celebration's of Life, here.

They were so sweet, we hit it off... instantly.
<3
They captured some Beautiful... Images, that day.
Ones... I'll always Treasure.
<3




; )
{Made me Laugh... again, this morning. : ) }


Oh... dear.
Brother, Larry.
<3

Loved him... dearly, but... oh my, he had a 'way'... about him.
; )
Larry always wanted me to become an 'Electrical Engineer'.
{Larry, was an Electrician. A Very... Good One. 
I... don't like messin' with 'electricity'.}

I remember... during one of our conversations... 20 years ago...or, so... he started to chuckle, as I was sharing some of my crazy... 'Antique' Adventures... with him. 
I, asked him...what was so funny.
He said... "You know... you really could've amounted to something... but, look at you."
oh...dear.
: )
{Larry said people who collected Antiques... reminded him of the movie...
'Dumb, & Dumber'. It was All... Purely... 'Junk'. }
oh...
my.
; )





Don't exactly remember... what my reply, back... to Larry was, concerning 
'The Love... of Old'...
but,  told him...in so many words, that... I may never get 'rich' monetarily... working at something I have such a passion, for... 
but...
when you have a Passion, for what you do, it's not 'work', it's Pleasure.
to... me, that truly... makes one 'rich'.
<3
Also told Larry... "It Takes All Kinds." : ) 
and...
 He's Just... the type of person I like to 'Buy'... from.
: )

The last sale we conducted... in Marion, was difficult, in many ways.
{Parallels}
Going there, daily... was tuff.
Brother, Larry... lived just a few doors down, from where the sale was held.
I used to spend a lot of time there... when I was young.

Larry... passed away there, suddenly... in late October... of 2015.
I, was probably one of the last people, if not... the last, to speak with him.
{We'd visit over the phone, every couple of weeks, or so. Larry Loved to Cook, and we'd swap recipes, which store... had what, on sale... we talked politics, : ) {We had 'politics' in Common.}
Larry made the Best Bean Soup, {Mom's Czech Recipe, with Smoked Pork Hocks. <3 }
 and... whenever we'd have a Family Gathering, I INSISTED... Larry bring his Amazing... 
3 Bean Salad. <3 }

Larry wasn't found... until November, 6th.
That's always haunted me.
: (
I've never driven down that street, 5th. Ave... since Larry Passed, until the sale.
Gads.
: (

Larry... could come up with some 'Zingers'... now, and then...
; )
but, make no mistake, he was one of the Kindest, Big Hearted... People, I've ever known.
<3
'Engineers'... in my opinion... have a different way of looking at things.
They think with a very different side of their brain, {mostly} than... us 'Crazy Dreamers'.
: )
I never got angry, with Larry.
; )
{at least... not for long. ; ) }
That's just how he was 'Wired'.
<3

He loved me, too... even with all my 'Faults'.
; )

 Heading down The Rabbit Hole, this afternoon.
Got to catch up on Trimmin'.
Wow... it's very Unruly... there, after being away... for so long.
; )
{My... Kinda 'Place'. ; ) }

Love to Ya.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.


No comments: