Monday, November 8, 2021

"Git 'er Done."


Oh...my.

I was beat...last night.
It was a long....old...day.
Run..Run...Run...
covered many miles, before I arrived at Miss. Viv's Birthday, then...covered many more...
after.

As I was helping Liz clean up...a little, looked at the kitchen counter, and saw the little #2 Candle, from Miss. Viv's Birthday Cupcake.
oh...dear.
Memories...came flooding.
<3
John...was such a sentimental...Man, tho...few, knew that.
<3
I remember...one year, after one of the Grandkid's Birthday Parties...when John and I...got home, 
John...held his hand out, to give me something.
?
It was the Birthday Candle...from The Birthday Cake.
<3
<3 <3 <3 

I...laughed, then...scolded John...for 'Swiping' It!!!
Told him, The Kid's probably wanted to save it!!!
He said...
"So did I, and I'm a little quicker."
; )
Hahahahahaha.....
Oh My!
: )

I, just stood...at Liz's counter...yesterday...
frozen, for a moment...or...many, staring at the little candle.
Then, shared the 'Memory'...with Liz.
<3
Liz told me to take it.
Told her...no.
She should save it.
<3 

When I finished my blog, last night...reached into my purse, to get the phone charger, 
and...found the little candle.
<3

Oh...my.
: )...............

John had been on my mind, so much...yesterday.
We had completely separate lives, during the day.
John, had to deal...with so much work, and stress....daily.
Me, too.
At the end of 'the day'....we'd melt...into our side by side Lazy Boys....
watch T.V., and...go over...the High Points, and low...points, of each day.
: )
God...I Miss THAT.
<3
Sometimes...we didn't even say much.
Didn't have to.
; )

Made me think of the Chesney tune, last night.
"The Woman With You."

I...Miss...That.
<3
When either of us...thought...we couldn't take another step, another...breath, 
the other...would reassure, without hesitation...
that the other
Could.
and...
Would.
; )

We both...I think, had more confidence in the other, than we had in ourselves.
<3
What a Pair....we were.
: )

Snuggled with Peanut, and the old down comforter, in John's recliner...last night.
Slept in it.
TV on...all night.
<3

Still a bit of a Mess....this morning, just thinking about it.
All...of It.
: ( : ( : ( 

Been cleaning house...trying to get everything in order, for the many obligations
 that have to be addressed, this week...and further out.
oh my.

Many...Many....Many.

Better 'Git 'er Done'....as John would say.
; )
Back to work.
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

I Miss...John...and, So Many Things, about John, but....most of all...
I Miss My Friend.





 

No comments: