Wednesday, April 15, 2020

John's Robin.

I cannot tell you, how Thrilled I was, when I stumbled across the folder, this evening, that had these images of John, and his Robin. 
<3 <3 <3 
I can't remember the exact year, but...I think it was 2011.
We'd had a big Storm come through, and John found this baby Robin, on the ground.
He only had pinfeathers.
John, brought him inside, took the baby...up to Daughter, Liz's old room, put him in a tote, with a heat lamp, and fed the baby, every couple of hours, for weeks.
I didn't even want to get attached.
I've tried to save these babes, and....sadly, had never succeeded. 
: (
That little Robin, became so tame, when he feathered out, he began to fly around the room, when John walked in, and would perch on his finger, to be fed.
<3 <3 <3 
John laughed....and said, he thought he'd spent 40.00 on Nightcrawlers, raising the little Robin.
: ) <3 
Peg, was absolutely Amazed, that John kept the little Robin alive.
She'd tried, many times over the years, to no avail.
Peg created a Beautiful Gourd, that Christmas, for John....with a Baby Robin on it.
<3 <3 <3 
When the Robin, got big enough, John found a Woman, in Marion...who had a Bird Sanctuary, and took him there.
She had an area, with Robins, that could no longer fly, but could teach the Baby, how to survive, in the wild.
<3 <3 <3 
I remember the day, John took him there.
I, knew...it was difficult for John, tho...he tried not to show it.
After one of John's radiation treatments, probably, early May, of 2014, just a few weeks, before John left us...
We pulled up by his Shop, here...at home.
It was a Beautiful day.
We sat in the car...and talked, for a long...time.
All of a sudden, a Robin landed on a branch, just a few feet from John, and...just sat there, and watched John, for a long...long, time.
John said... "I, wonder...what ever happened to my Robin..."
I said... Maybe, that's him. : )
I've heard, they can find their way Home.
<3 <3 <3 
I'll Never...Forget, that day.
John, was an Amazing Man, on So Many Levels.
<3 <3 <3 
So Glad, I found these pictures.
Love, to You....
Barb C. 



No comments: