Monday, April 27, 2020

Dreams...oh my.

The weekend weather, was quite lovely...
in Iowa.
I didn't get nearly as much done, as I would've liked to.
Must be...
'Spring Fever'. 
I sat outside, with Peanut, Sunday morning...
and, listened to the birds.
: )
They...were so happy.
The Sun...was so warm.
: )
Headed down the rabbit hole, to work...
but, the music isn't playing there, anymore.
: (
I, climbed up on the ladder, messed with the cd player...
 tried to figure out why, to no avail.
I, simply...can't work there, without Alison Krauss playing.
So...moved on.
Worked outside, for a bit, then...had enough.
Don't have a plan, for today.
Need to finish filling the dumpster, and get it down the road.
I don't like working outside...when the IDOT is working.
Even, when they aren't...it's difficult to see what's happening here.
Had a wonderful dream...last night about John, and Dad.
: )
It was after some sort of a big job, like one of the Sales, here.
I told John...
"Let's Go. Let's get Out of Here. : ) Let's go to the Gulf Coast. : ) You Have to See the Gulf. <3"
To my surprise...
He...agreed.
: ) <3 
{John, always preferred to Stay Home, so...I was Delighted, when he agreed to Go!}
Just then, Dad...came walking up.
: )
I said... "Dad, Come With Us!!"
: ) : ) : ) 
Dad, said...he'd probably...better stay Home, and take care of the Critters.
He said...he had too much work to do...and, really couldn't come with us.
I, took his hand...in mine, and....said.. "oh...Please, come with us. : ) You don't have to go all the way to the Coast, with us...how about, just follow us to Nashville, or...Memphis! We can stay over...and have BBQ, in Memphis!!"
: )
Dad, agreed.
<3
John, and I...bailed in the Olds Toronado, his 'Driver'...when we first started dating.
We were on the highway, headed South,
 John...was driving, I turned around, and saw Dad following 
in Mom's little red, Opel Kadett.
{Hahahaha! I, hadn't thought of that little car, in Years.
I'll Never forget the day, Dad bought it, for Mom. I was about 15.
It was at a 'Sheriff's Sale', they were auctioning off vehicles that had storage liens against them.
I, didn't notice that car, but...I Did...notice, an Old...Mustang.
: )
It was rusty, and...beat up, but...oh my, That was The Car, I thought we should be bidding on.
Dad, thought otherwise, and bought the little Opel.
: (
I, pouted....over That, for several days.
For Dad, to buy a Foreign Car, over a '68 Mustang, was unbelievable. 
Dad, fixed the little Opel up, and...it did run like a little sewing machine.
I, swore to myself, I'd never drive it, tho. 
Mom, drove it...for a brief time, but....shortly after Dad bought it, Mom began having grand mal seizures, from a brain tumor, so...I drove Mom, when she wanted to go, anywhere.
 I'd moved out on my own, then...but, it was easier for her to get in the Opel, than...in my old Truck.}
It was so Strange...in the dream, to look out the Toronado's rear window, and see Dad, driving that little Red, Opel, and not one of his Old...Trucks!
Guess, even in my Dream, Dad knew...the Old...Trucks, couldn't make it too far out of Linn County!!
Hahahaha.
Where does This Stuff Come From???
Hahahaha!
I, even saw my Pal, Charlie...in the Dream.
As John, and I {Dad, following... : ) } were heading South, on 218, we drove by Charlie's Farm, South of Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.
Charlie was outside, burning brush, and Junkin'!!
We didn't stop, but...I reached over, and Laid on The Toronado's Horn...and Waved, to Charlie...as we Flew by!!
Hahahaha...
oh my.
: )
My Dream, would've been in the 1983 time frame....I, didn't even Know Charlie, then!!
oh my.
: )
but...
Charlie, Waved Back!!
With a Big Smile...on his Face!!
: ) : ) : )
oh my.
I'll have to give him a call...today.
See how he's gettin' along.
: )
{Just called Charlie... we talked for a Long Time!!
; )
 He Roared, when I told him about my dream!
He said...
"I'll be that little red Opel, didn't go any further, past my place, knowing the 'Junker', you've always said your Dad was!!" 
Hahahahaha!!!
Then, I Roared!!
He was Probably Right!
My dream ended, right after John and I...Blew Past Charlie's !!
Hahahaha!!
Dad, Couldn't have Driven Past Charlie's!!
: ) : ) : )
It was Great, visiting with Charlie.
: )
I, think...we got All of the World's Problems... figured out.
: )
We Both...agreed, at the end of our Long visit, 
We simply have to Take'r...One Day....at a Time.
; )
Love to You All.
Stay Well...
Keep Singin' Those Powerful Prayers, for All...
who are Struggling.
Barb C.

{It was So Good, Seeing Dad, and John.
<3
even, seeing...that little, red...
 Opel Kadett.
; )}

Dad....
and...
my
Beloved...
Dolsey.
<3 <3 <3 
John, and Nicky.
I'll always remember John, this way.
The fact is, John...always looked the same, to me.
From the day I met him...
until...
the last time, I saw his face.
<3 <3 <3 
Peg, created this Amazing Gourd, for me...
after I shared one of my 'Dreams'...with her.
<3 <3 <3
I, had a dream...that I was at Farm Auction...
and, one, by one...
my teeth fell out.
Hahahaha!
It...was So Real!!
It was very...Interesting.
; )
The 'Story'...around this Piece of her Art, is...as well.
: ) <3
That's for another...day.
<3 <3 <3 
Dreams...
My Friend...
Charlie.
; )
<3

{The Alison Krauss Tune, 'Stay'...is The Rabbit Hole's...'Tune'.
<3 <3 <3
Always will be.
<3 <3 <3 }

No comments: