Wednesday, February 26, 2020

'Genuine'.

This morning, while sippin' my brew, I was thinking....
{always, a scary thing. : ) }
I...was thinking, about 'why'....some 'things' get 'so'...under my skin.
: (
{IDOT, and Fairfax, City Hall. : ( }
The phone rang, as I was processing.
It was a Gal, who'd asked for our Estate Sale Services, then...
decided, a while back...to go another direction.
She asked if I had a little time, to chat.
I said..."Sure, I'm just sittin' here, stretched out in John's recliner... sippin' my coffee, 
smokin' a stogie...and watching Perry Mason. : ) " 
Hahahaha!!
She got a Kick...outta that. 
: )
It...was The Truth.
: )
See...that's what Folks are so afraid of, it seems.
The Truth.
This...potential 'Client', probably....doesn't smoke stogies, or....lounge, in old Lazy Boys, or....watch Perry Mason, in the morning. : ) 
{or...wear heart shaped shades, or...color her hair Bright Red, or...drive a 21 year old, F250,
 {with a 12 inch Lift : ) }
 Powerstroke Diesel, 
with a 
Chip,
{Son, Justin...installed. : ) }
 so it can 'Roll Coal'....out of those Amazing...
 Chrome Stacks}
: )
<3
I suppose, I could've sounded busy, and 'on the ball', to impress.
That, wouldn't have been the Truth.
Not, entirely.
I can shift gears, rather quickly....
and get down to Business,
 whether I'm in John's recliner, 
watching Perry Mason,
 or...standing up front, in a business suit.
Being 'Genuine', 
and...making no excuses...
beats trying to be something you're not,
 every time.
That's...what's making me Crazy, about what's been going on around here.
{IDOT, and City Hall. }
If...you don't know an answer, say so.
I'd much rather hear...."I don't know, let me look into it." {and Follow Through}
 than...
'Silence'...or 'Lies'. 
Just...tell the Truth.
: )
People, most likely...will respect that, even if it's not...what they want to hear.
If they don't...well, that's a good sign, to move on.
; )
There is Nothing...that'll make me run faster, from someone....than when I pick up....
'Phony'
in their 'ways'.
Over the years, looking back....
the Folks, I've admired most....
have been 
'Genuine'.
<3
I remember, watching my Dad, visit with Folks.
He was always....always, who he was.
: )
Old Boots, worn out...clothes, from working hard...every day.
He had Friends, from every walk of life.
Millionaires...to Homeless, I suppose.
<3
I...never knew 'who' was 'who', growing up...just knew, they were Dad's Friends. : ) 
He treated them all...the same. <3
His Pals, liked him...for who he was. : )
Dad, never tried to put on airs.... or, be something, or someone... he wasn't.
: )
Dad, was Genuine.
<3
John, was the Same...way. : ) <3
May God Bless...Those, who are 'Genuine'.
: )
<3 <3 <3 
Love...to You.
Barb C.

{The 'potential client'...asked if we'd be willing to take their Sale, on.
 The 'other'...company, wasn't going to work out. 
Told her, we'd take another 'look'. : ) Help 'em...if we could. : )  }








Be who you are.
Mean, what you say.
'Truth'
: )



Like the old...'Seuss' saying goes,

'Be who you are...and, say...what you feel.
because...
Those who mind, don't matter.
and...
Those who Matter, don't....mind.'
<3 

As the sign from Edith Lucielle's Bait Shack...says,
 {Great Cedar Rapids Place...to Eat!!}

"We don't care...
Who you are,
 who...Your friends are...
who...
you Think, you are...
or,
Who...your Daddy, is."
<3 

{be....
'Genuine'.}
<3

My Favorite Color....is Chrome. ; )
Hahaha. : )
Love That Tune. : )
 <3
At the End...of the day,
I know...Whose daughter, I am.
<3
Priceless.
<3
May God Bless...Those, who take a Chance....
walking beside, a 'Mad Hatter'. <3 : )
That, truly...must be a Leap...of Faith, for them. : ) <3


No comments: