Thursday, February 6, 2020

Standin' Still....or, Full Throttle... Wide Open!!!

Things have been pretty slow, around here, 
mostly.
I, Truly....Dig...That!!
: )
Got Boys, and Trucks, coming back with my
 Pal, Steph, her Daughter, Two Hounds... A Broken Van, and Trailer...
from Colorado.
: )
They should be Rollin' In, around Midnight.
<3
Safe...and, Sound.
<3
That situation, has had me on Edge, for days.
I've been so worried about them. : ( : ( : ( 
The IDOT, has been on my back, the last couple of days.
Seems, MUCH...of what we'd agreed upon, last Fall, they have forgotten.
: ( : ( : ( 
So...
It's been Warp Speed, trying to gather information, and write letters.
Arrrrrrrrg!!!!
Today, has been INSANE!
oh my.
Steph, and...me, a few years ago.
We Splurged on ourselves. : )
 Went to The Lighthouse, had a Great Meal, sipped a little Merlot,
listened to Amazing...Live...Jazz, and...
Laughed.
: )
After my accident, nearly, two years ago...Steph, and Liz....Lynn, and Lea...{Adam, too : ) }
set the Junk Jubilee Booth, for me.
<3 <3 <3
Steph, has helped me, so Much....over the years, I...hope, I've helped her...too.
James, one of The Boys, that's bringing the Girls Home...called, late, last night, and said...
"Barb, I've never met this Lady, she seems really nice, on the phone...but,
 do you think she's up to driving 13 hours, straight?"
: )
I, said...
"James, she could kick Your ass."
: )
<3
Hahahaha!!!
I could count with three fingers, people....I know, that work as hard, as Stephanie.
"No Worries."
: ) : ) : )

I've been working with Peanut, {The Pup}, and trying to get her on task, 
trying to prepare...for The Rock Island Antique Show, 
Pal, Tammy Mendoza, Promotes.
Made the Call...today, that Pal, Mark...will take the booth.
Between, Peanut, and...the Constant Worry, of The IDOT,
{That's tearing up the highway, in front of our Home, as I type...}
I'm afraid to leave Home.
Seems, ugly things, 'happen'...while I'm away.
: (
Last Fall, while I was trying to set up, at Junk Jubilee, the IDOT, nearly cut down a 70 year old Tree, that...later, after I raised heck with them, said....{Newman }
"It was the wrong tree. We won't be taking that one."
They would have...had I not been on Top of It!
NOW, Today.... The IDOT, {Steve} said...
They ARE Going to take That Tree!!!
ARRRRRRRG!!!
: (
I'm meeting with him, next week. 
oh my.
Told Steph....on our last call, this afternoon, 
{I'm getting several 'Updates', daily. : )
 Sounds like the Movie, 'Planes, Trains, and Automobiles'.... Hahahaha!!
Man, I've Been There. Many...Times. : ) } 
All we can do...with ALL of This Unwanted, Undeserved....
Bullshit,
is...
Find The Humor!!
If...ya can't 'Laugh'...about This Crap....
It'll Kill Ya.
Seriously.
: (
Spoke with Josey Wales, this afternoon. 
Thank God...he {Still} answers his phone.
{Even knowing, I'm...on the other end. : ) }
Like the Boys, who Dropped Everything, when I called,
to Bring Those Girls Home, from Denver.
They, don't even know her.
They don't drive, $160,000 Rigs, like the others, who've towed her, charging a Small Fortune,
but...
They'll Get Them Home. 
<3 <3 <3 
{They were Happy to Go. : ) }
They...are Iowa... 'Country Boys'. : ) <3

Steph, has been screwed over, by So Many....concerning this Trip.
Wow.
I, can't get in to all of the details, but...Wow.
: (
The Biggest Deal, to me...was that their Lives....were put in jeopardy, after being reassured, they were Safe...to go.
: ( : ( : ( 
The Van's  Engine, is a Total...Loss.
Thousands of dollars, lost, in expenses.
Those, can, and Will....be replaced.
The Girls, are Irreplaceable.

I remember a Day, when your Word, was Bond.
You Treat Others, like You'd...like to be Treated.
Or, how You'd want your Son, or Daughter...to be treated.
A Handshake, meant....something. {Everything}
I feel Extremely Blessed, to know a Few, that Live by Those Standards, Still.
{and...
 have a Great...Sense of Humor!!! Hahahahaha!}

Seems, there's No...Middle Ground, in Life.
at least...
not, for Folks like us.
: )
It's either 'Lock'er in to 4WD, Granny Gear, and PULL!!!
or...
Put The Hammer Down!!!
Dump That Clutch!!! 
Burn That Rubber!!!
Smoke Them Skins!!!
Fly Through Those Gears....
until,
You Hit Top End!!
; )
Git 'er DONE!!!
{and...Laugh, about it....when the day...is Done. : ) }
oh my.
Love...to Ya!
Barb C. 
: )

{Steph, and I...were raised Totally differently.
I've always known, a Rusty, Old...Truck,
will get ya just as far, as a Brand New One.
{Further than a Broken 2015 Honda, today. ; ) }
and...
It's Paid For!
Folks, who are Real, Caring....and Hardworking....
won't ask your 'Credit Score', or...look to see how many Friends you have, on Facebook.
: )
White Knights, Real....Ones, don't ride Beautiful...Steeds.
{sometimes, they even drive... 'Dodge' Trucks. ; / : ) }
They, wear torn britches, have mud....on their boots, with holes....in the soles,
dirt, under their fingernails.
Mostly, they just want to Help...others.
That, is My...definition...
of a
'White Knight'.
Iowa...'Country Boys', 'Country Girls'.
The Real...Deal.
: )
What makes me Smile...the Most, is...
Stephanie, is a 'White Knight'... 'Iowa Country Girl', to so many...
she, doesn't realize... : )
'Trust'...is Still, a 'Real Thing'. : ) <3  }






No comments: