Monday, February 10, 2020

Moments.

So Much....
has been going on.
Two Friends, are now in hospice.
Daughter, Liz...
just lost, a Very...Dear Friend.
She was around Liz's age.
: ( : ( : ( 
Sunday morning, I....pretty much, had a melt down....
 just...
'froze up'.
: (
For the first time, in a Very....very, long...time, 
I cancelled a business appointment, scheduled for early Sunday afternoon.
I, so rarely do that...with the exception of being extremely ill, 
wasn't quite sure, what the excuse would be, for canceling. 
Many thoughts came to mind, but...none of them would've been the truth.
: (
I, wasn't really sure...myself, what the 'cause' was.
Sat, for several minutes, with the phone, in my hand...
 then...it hit me.
'my soul is overburdened'.
: (
That, was the perfect definition, of my ailment.
: (
The Truth.
Called the Folks, I was supposed to meet with, and...knew, they would understand.
Who...wouldn't.
We've all...been there.
: (
 Decided to sit...in complete silence, and...rest my soul.
Also, decided...I needed to open my 'Streams in The Desert', daily devotional.
A Dear...Friend, gave it to me, about 20 years ago, when 'life'...was turned upside down.
I, read through it, cover to cover, day, by day...
It was Such...a Blessing.
Then, I began...over the years, asking the Lord...
to guide my hands, and open the little book, to the page I needed to 'See', that day.
It was Always...Spot On.
So many times, I've opened that little book, read....
what I was directed to, and....felt, like it was the very first time, I'd ever read that message.
Truly...a 'Stream, in the Desert'. 
<3
Sadly, I'd get busy,
 mornings would get crazy...
and, over time, I got out of the habit, of starting the day off...with God's Word.
The little book, sits...where I see it, every day, but... don't take the time...to pick it up, open it, and...read, for...a few moments.
: (
Sunday morning, as I sat...quietly, I opened the book, where my hands were guided.
Below...is Part, of The Perfect Message, that...I, swear...I've never read before.
You can click on the image, to enlarge it.




It...was Absolutely...
Perfect.
As...
Always.
<3 

With the IDOT, {Meetings, and arguments, almost daily. }
City of Fairfax, {looming council meetings.}
 Grandkids' Chickens, 
Work, Shows, Illness, and...Loss.
Heartache, for So Many....Close... Loved Ones.
Seeing, and...Feeling, our Home...be destroyed.
The House...Shakes, 
as the Massive Highway Equipment,
 devastates, so much....of what we've worked our lives away, to protect.
God Knew...Exactly, what I needed to 'See', to replenish my soul.
<3

I've always said, how God...tries so hard...to teach me.
: )
Most of the time, I'm too Stubborn to 'listen'.
Think...I can Do...Everything, myself.
{I...Truly Don't...like asking for help. }
When I keep ignoring His Signs, eventually...
He sends Angels, with 2x4's....
that Smack me across the forehead, and...
Drop me, to my knees,
where...
I should've been, all along.
<3
He, doesn't give up on us.
<3

After I read my 'message', for the day...
feeling So...Uplifted,
I wondered upstairs.
Grabbed a cup of coffee, and was heading back to the 'Quiet', place...I'd chosen, to reflect.
Something, caught my eye, stopped me in my tracks, next to the old...Harvest Table.
It was the Old...Burl Bowl.
I, wrote about it a while back.
I'd spent an entire afternoon, the day before John...left us, repairing, and cleaning it.
Thinking, wishing....had I Only Known, 'those' would be our last moments.
: ( : ( : ( 
It bothers me, every time...I look at that bowl.
: (
Often thought, of getting rid of it.
: (
Guess, I didn't want to pass on, the heartache....maybe.
For the last, nearly...6 years, it's set in the dining room, serving various fruit, 
lately...
it's held apples.
The other day, I gave all of the apples it was holding, to Scout, our Horse.
<3
So...the empty Bowl...sits.

The Sun...was Shinning through the window, just...right, 
and... I saw, 
The Most Perfect Heart, on the inside, side...of that Old...Bowl.
<3 <3 <3 
It took me nearly 6 years, to 'See' it.
I, Truly...can't begin to tell you, how Very Much...
That 'Wink', 
Meant.
<3 <3 <3 
It's So Perfect, 
like...someone, took a Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter, and...
Stamped It Out, of that nearly 200 year old, Cracked...Bowl.
It's been there, Forever.
God...made it, that way. <3
I...just, never...saw it.
<3
What a Beautiful...
'Gift'
Seeing, that...
was.
<3 <3 <3 








Sometimes...I get so weary, 
my soul...gets, 
'overburdened'.
One...would think, that's when most Folks, would lean on The Lord, most.
Sadly, at least...for myself, when I...get in, that deep, it's too late.
: (
I keep trying to Fix things, myself.
Get in deeper, and deeper, to the point, I can't help myself, or...
my Beloveds, the Ones...who Need me, so....in these troubled times.
: ( : ( : ( 

The Lord, waits...
until I'm on my knees, and am ready to give Him...
my Full attention.
I...was there, Sunday.
What Beautiful...Blessings, He Sent, in a matter of Moments.
'Moments'.
All I had to do, was 'ask'.
<3 <3 <3 
I'm making 'His Word', Top Priority, Every Morning.
I'll keep stumbling...and falling, like always, I'm sure.
but...
I Truly Believe, with His Help....
: )
I'll keep getting back up, again.
: )
<3
maybe...find the strength...
to help Others, too.
<3 <3 <3 
Love, to Each...and Everyone.
Barb C.

{I sit back, and...Ponder, about how Amazing, God...Is.
<3
If...He can help an old...sinner, like me...
who doesn't belong, to any...'organized' religion,
who...hasn't sat on a Church Pew, on a Sunday morning....since she was 8 years old...
and...
who smokes too much, 
probably...drinks, a little too much, 
; )
and...swears,
 more...than my Folks would Ever... approve of, 
just Think...
What He Can Do, 
for All of Those, who are so Good,
 yet...suffering, so....today.
Prayers...Matter. <3 <3 <3 }
{dare I say it... : )
I should've taken Andy's Advise.
Long..ago.
: )
"Call The Man".
<3 <3 <3 }

No comments: