Thursday, February 27, 2020

Yesterday...

I'll never forget the day, this picture was taken.
I, was about 15.
Admiral...was 3.
<3
I bought him, for 50.00, when I was 12.
He...was 4 months old.
<3
I, broke him...to ride, when he was 2.
<3
I'd ditched school, that Beautiful....Spring, day.
Drove...to be with the Horses.
: )
Kicked off my shoes, rolled up my pant legs, threw a rope around Admiral's nose....
and, we....took a Stroll. <3 <3 <3
Admiral....and, I....swam across the Cedar River, and...took in the sites, on the City Streets, of Cedar Rapids.
: )
oh...my.
<3
Admiral, passed away, here....when he was 28 years old.
{Minnie, the little Hound, that rode with us...that day, didn't belong to me. : )
She just liked to 'ride'...with us. <3 : ) }
Oh....my.
Seems, I can't go..anywhere.
: )
Ran to the grocery store....this late, afternoon.
A woman...came up behind me, and said....
"I'm sure you don't remember me, but....didn't you have Horses, off of Center Point Road, years ago?"
{That...would've been...over 40 years ago. }
Yes, I did.
<3
She said...
"I was just telling my husband, all about you, the other day....
as we were driving through Fairfax, 
I'd...heard, you live there...now."
{yes...for nearly 40 years. : ) }
She went on...and said...
"I told my husband, what an amazing rider you are. 
You...weren't afraid, of any Horse. 
You...were so daring, and...I was so amazed, at how brave...you were, 
and...would climb on any Horse...and Go!!"

I couldn't believe she recognized me.
: (
{I, don't recognize myself, most....days.}
She said...
"You haven't changed a bit."
{oh, yes....yes, I have. : ( }
She said, "I marveled at how you rode."
I, told her...
"I...'Lived', on Horseback, before....I could walk."
 <3 
{Dad called our Horses... 'Babysitters'. <3 }
Horses, are Amazing...Gifts, from God.
<3 <3 <3 
They taught me, so much...growing up.
<3 <3 <3 
I never, or...rarely...rode with a saddle.
Bareback....and, a rope, {no bridle, much...either.}
<3
I've ridden...a Million Miles, on Horseback.
: )
We Broke...All of The Rules.
: )
'Yesterday'...
when...I was young.
Love...to You.
Barb C. 

{I feel so Blessed, by the Amazing...Critters, 'Friends', 
that have carried my sorry butt. : ) <3 
May God Bless, YOU. 
<3 <3 <3 
I, Thank You, from my Entire Heart. <3 <3 <3 }


Admiral and...I, were just coming in, from a 20 Mile....Trail Ride.
It was an endurance.
There were a thousand Horses, on that ride.
Many, didn't finish.
We did. <3
Bareback.
<3

John took this picture...the last time, I rode....Scout.
<3
Nicky, watching...over me, making sure....I was o.k. <3
Scout, was being a Pistol...that day. : )

Dear Friend, Cindy...posted this picture, of Scout, and Tom, her Beloved, Soulmate.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Tom, left us...on the 11th.
: (
<3 <3 <3
Horses, are such a Gift.
Beautiful...People, are...Too.
<3 <3 <3 

No comments: