Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Took a Day Off!


Took a Much Needed Day, yesterday.
Did Absolutely Nothing.
; )
Now, I'm setting my site on The Anamosa Antique and Vintage Market, that'll be in January!

{Also...dealing with 'Fairfax', and...the IDOT, yet...again, concerning Fairfax's Suicide Trail, that wasn't supposed to be, and saving Trees. oh my.
 It appears, they like using the 'Back Door'.
: (
Thought I could concentrate on getting the rabbit hole ready for an Open House, and get the house in shape...for Thanksgiving, after Junk Jubilee.
Sadly, as of last Thursday, as I was unloading, the IDOT, once again....solely for Fairfax, have planted roots in my brain.
Insanity.
Heartbreaking
Insanity.
Sure didn't need...yet, another 'Dance'. : (  }

I found the little, old... Dog Nut Cracker, at an Estate Sale....several weeks ago in Davenport.
Had it priced for sale, at Junk Jubilee, it nearly sold.
After the customer passed, I picked it up, and looked at it.
Oh My!
What a Perfect Card Holder!
{reminds me of Sweetie!}
So, pulled the price tag off, and for now...she'll become a 'Working Dog'!
Her jaws hold a stack of cards....Beautifully!
<3
I handed out many, many...cards, and visited with Customers about
'Iowa's Best Kept Secret'!
{click on image to enlarge, for the details. I'll be posting more, soon. : ) }
The Anamosa Antique Show, is in it's 26th year.
I've shopped it, most every single one.
: )
Jon, and Cecilia....have promoted it, all of those years.
I've started to take it on, over the last couple....with Cecilia's, and Pal, Mark's help.
Sadly, Jon, Cecilia's Beloved, passed away, a couple of years ago.
I shared with the Customers, at Junk Jubilee, the reason I call it a
'Best Kept Secret'.
: )
Before I became a vendor, and...was only shopping, I Told NO ONE, about this little Event.
: )
It...was one of my 'Honey Holes'.
: )
When I was setting up at Heart of Country, in Nashville....
I Counted on This Event, to fill out the 'Simply Iowa' Load.
: )
I, always....Always....found some Wonderful, Soulful...Treasures, to take from Iowa, to Nashville.
<3
I explained, to the Customers, the Anamosa Show, isn't like Junk Jubilee, or....Gold Rush, or...like any of the events, around....these days.
It's small.
35, to 40 Vendors.
Most, are local Folks, that have been setting up there, forever.
: )
Most of them, do only....this event.
They always come up with wonderful treasures, that are affordable. 
The Show, is at The Lawrence Community Center, and...The Church Ladies Serve Homemade Pies....
and, Hot Turkey and Dressing Sandwiches as a fund raiser. 
<3
It's like 'The Old Days', of Antiquing.
<3
There's Furniture, and...Signs, Advertising...Stoneware, Old...Toys, Quilts, Loads of...Fun Old Stuff!
Littles...to Bigs!
Things, from .25 cents, on up. : )
It costs 3.50 cents to get in, 6.00 for Early Bird.
<3
I always, always....shopped Early Bird.
; )
The show is just one day, and runs from 8:00 - 9:30 {Early Bird} 
9::30 until 3. Regular hours.
Then...
It's Over, for another year.
I Absolutely Love...this Event. 
<3 
Now, that I'm helping with it, I have to Share. 
I've been sharing, for several years, since I became a Vendor.
: )
So...if you're getting Cabin Fever, like most of us, come to Anamosa, on January 19th.
You'll have Fun. : ) 
There's Lot's of Great Shops in the area.
Anamosa, Mt. Vernon, Marion, The Amana Colonies, Dyersville, Cascade....
depending on which direction you're travelling from. 
Always check ahead, some shops aren't open in January, but.... there's Plenty that are!
I have to Run!
'Bout froze my tail off, this morning...doing chores.
It's Brisk Outside!
The Ford, is running...warming up, for a mad dash to town.
Oh my!
Love...to Ya!
Stay Warm!
Barb C.
{Please...keep me in your Prayers, concerning this highway project.
It was debilitating trying to set the booth at Junk Jubilee, after having a Bomb Dropped, on my head, Thursday.
I, know....The Angels carried me through. <3 }

No comments: