Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Winter

Trying to post from my phone.
New, to me. 
Took this picture this morning.
I peeked out the door, and snapped a picture of the Beautiful Maple Tree, that the IDOT was going to take down, last Friday. { Solely for Fairfax's' Trail}
It took many phone calls, and text messages, over last Thursday and Friday, but... it's still standing. 
For now. 
Had to take a picture of where the Plows Throw The Snow!
Right where Fairfax wants people to walk. 
😉 
Now....Thats a Smart Engineer, who Dreamed That Design Up! 
And...We, are The Lucky Ones, who between the City, and State.... will be paying Millions of Dollars Extra, to accommodate, for Pedestrians next to Highway 151, through Fairfax. 
The Most Dangerous Stretches of 151, in Linn County, Iowa. 
That's just Snow. It could be Rocks, Trash, a Trailer, Tires, Vehicles....
I've... Seen It All. Right where Fairfax, wants Children to Walk. 
City Council Meeting, tonight.
Oh my. 
I, hate attending. But, sadly...I have to. 
Love to You.
❤️
Barb C.

 {Forgot to mention, when Son, Justin...called me, as I was backing in to unload, at Junk Jubilee, Wednesday,  the man was here, to cut down the Old Pine, where the Saint Stands. Where all of our Pets are buried. I was promised That Tree, wouldn't be bothered. The Man, wouldn't cut it down...until the Saint was moved. Turns out, it was the wrong tree. Had that Saint, not been there...the Old Pine, would've been gone. I gotta tell ya, this...is a Mess. I was told last year NOTHING was going to be touched, South of our driveway, where the Maple Stands.
It wasn't until Thursday afternoon, I was told...It Was Coming Down.
It's been one shock...after another. Heartbreaking.
I was on the phone, Thursday, at 8 a.m., with the Engineer who drew these plans. We went over everything. It wasn't until he mentioned The Saint, I choked up...and started to cry. Told Josey Wales, my Lawyer...It's pretty difficult to sound professional, when...you're fighting back tears. : ( : ( : (
This...isn't all the IDOT's fault. It Is, The City of Fairfax's. This...was Their Idea. Still is. The IDOT, should've washed their hands of this. I'm hoping, they will.
I survived another Fairfax City Council Meeting, tonight. It's painful to sit, and....watch. Very.
I'm Walkin' The Line.
 Step by Step...
Inch, by inch. }

No comments: