Saturday, November 16, 2019

Spider Webs, Dust...and, Memories.

Spent most of the day, knocking the dust, and spider webs down.
Decided to give the old stairs, a good cleaning, and...wax. ; )
I remember...the day, Daughter, Liz...and, I...
pulled these stairs, along with much of the trim...and, doors, from an old house in 
Hopkinton, Iowa...that, sadly....was coming down.
Liz, was 12, I suppose. 
John, and Pal, Virgil...made them work, in our 'New Home'.
<3
It took me nearly two years, after John went away... to be able to walk into this room.
When, I can find the time....to clean, what a Blessing it is, to run my hands over the Beautiful Creations.
John, was an Artist.
: )
He, Truly...made a Silk Purse, out of so....very little.
'Salvage'.
Things, others....threw away. 
I, wish....
you could've seen it, in 'color'.
Like..I, did.
On Holidays, I want our Children, and Grandchildren...to 'see' it, in 'color'.
<3 
Like...we did, then.

I, truly...enjoy, cleaning house.
As my hands....'touch'
 each surface, and...piece,
 beautiful memories, and...their 'faces', touch my soul.

The old Trucks, remind me of Dad, and...John. 
<3 
Everything...
Everything, in our 'Home', has a 'Memory'. 
A Beautiful Face.
<3 <3 <3 
It was pretty slow goin'.
So many 'Memories', to visit with. 
Found some of the little cars, Grandson, Jack....
had been playing with, a while back,
 under the old...settee, as I was cleaning.
Didn't have the heart to put them away.
So...I put them in a Proud Spot. 
<3

Love, to ya...
Barb C.

No comments: