Sunday, November 24, 2019

Blessings.

Went to the grocery store....a couple of nights ago.
As I was checking out....I saw a huge display of Roses, that had been discounted.
I, instantly thought of my Mom.
<3 <3 <3 
Her name...was Rose.
<3 <3 <3 
When I'd see Roses, or....anything, I thought Mom, would enjoy....
that, I could afford, I'd get them for Mom.
<3 <3 <3 
Surprise her....: ) 
I, couldn't help...but buy a couple of dozen, in Memory...of Mom.
<3 <3 <3 

I carried the Roses inside, before...anything else, when I got home.
Clipped their stems....and gave them a much needed drink.
: )
There's been an old Pitcher, on the counter, since Gold Rush, back in August.
While doing the show....a Fellow Dealer motioned for me to come to his booth, as I was making my way towards mine, when the show was opening.
He reached under his table, and handed the Old...Pitcher, to me.
: )
He said.... 
"As I was unpacking, I found this pitcher...in transport, the handle was broken. 
I saved it back, for you...rather than pitch it. I knew you'd appreciate it, even broken."
<3 <3 <3 
Oh, Yes....I do.
{I, sit...filled with emotion....as I write, this morning.
My mind, and...spirit, has been so consumed, seems it takes me forever...to catch up with
'Emotions', anymore.
I, should've shed these tears of Gratitude, when he handed the old....pitcher, to me.
Seems, I have to stay...so Focused, on each task...at hand, to get through them, without stumbling....
I, can't let anything....touch me, until each mountain is conquered. 
: ( 
That, makes me...very....sad.
I'm so Sorry, if I Haven't...Thanked YOU.
If, You are one of those Wonderful, Caring...Loving, People...
that, I've stood  before, 'Numb', and.... 'Emotionless', 
when You, have shown me Love, Support, and...Kindness,
I'm...so Very, Very....Sorry. 
: ( : ( : ( 
Please Know....I Am So, So....Grateful, for You. 
Don't....ever doubt that. 
<3 <3 <3 

Sadly, the pitcher has been sitting, and waiting for me to mend it, for months.
The Friend, who gifted the pitcher, to me...had carefully placed it's handle...inside.
so...after I got Mom's Roses, situated....
I, sat down, and repaired the old...Pitcher.
: )
It was so Proud, to hold....Mom's Roses. <3
The Rose's....were a bit forlorn, as well.
That's probably why, they were discounted, so.
But...within moments, of being 'touched', they Opened Up....
in the Old...Pitcher, and couldn't have been More...Beautiful.
<3 <3 <3 
Still...are.
Mom, would've Loved Them.
<3 <3 <3 
I, took them....and the Beautiful, Old...Pitcher,, my Friend, had given to me...
 and placed them next to Mom's Ashes.
{and, John's... <3 <3 <3
 He, Loved...Roses, too. : ) <3 }

I will always treasure, that Old...Pitcher.
Not, so much....because of it's age, and...beauty.
but...
because of the Kind Man, who thought of me, and saved it. 
: ) 
Broken Things, that live on...are very special.
The Pitcher, means far more....to me, 'broken', than...had it been 'perfect'.
<3 
Love, to Ya...
Barb C.

Below, are images concerning the walking trail, the IDOT, and Fairfax....are planning.
I'm meeting with the IDOT, tomorrow morning.
I wanted these images, close at hand.
Please, Pray....about this horrible plan of theirs.
Pray, that they will come to their senses.
Please...Pray, that I can find the strength....to carry on, with this battle.
I intend to go to the Powers that Be, at The Capitol....
Insisting, that No Trail, can be placed next to a Federal Highway, {or, Anywhere}, without First, having an Independent Safety Study, concerning the Safety of Pedestrians, and Cyclists, when they are situated to coexist with Vehicles.
Had one been conducted, here....we wouldn't be having this discussion. 
There are No Safety Studies Concerning the above, in our State, at this time.
Fairfax, denied, for nearly a year....in 2016, at Public City Council Meetings, there were any trail plans.
Then, the city said..."They had no choice, the IDOT was forcing them to put in a Trail."
As you can see, Fairfax, asked....for a Trail, next to Highway 151, in 2012.


I begged the council, and mayor....{The IDOT, too}
to PLEASE...have the University of Northern Iowa, conduct a 'Safety Study', concerning their Trail Plans.
They, refused.
I, offered to pay, to have one conducted, in 2017.
They wouldn't consider it. 
A Safety Study, should no longer be an option. 
It, should be Mandatory. 
That's....just common sense.
They, would save Lives. 
The IDOT says, "Safety is Priority One."
Not from where I'm sitting. 
{These 'Safety Studies', should be independent, not affiliated with the IDOT, or City Government.}
Highway Patrol, or State Troopers, should be involved with these 'Trail Plans', that are coexisting with Traffic. }

It took me two years, to find this document.
This states, the city of Fairfax, requested this Trail, next to Highway 151, through Fairfax. 
Something, they'd denied...to me, publicly, at council meeting, after council meeting. 
Do you understand, why....when the city ordered us to get rid of our 'Livestock', after having them, here...without a single complaint, for nearly 40 years, until I fought their 'Trail', so hard....last Fall, I'd lost confidence...in them.



This is a Trail, near Janesville, Iowa. 
Next to Highway 63.
It's 4 lane.
This car, came to rest...on the Trail.

Highway 151, North of Fairfax.
I, have many, many....pictures, and reports, of the Accidents that happen, nearly...on a daily basis, in the Urban Area of Fairfax.
The IDOT will try to say....that's why they are doing road improvements, now.
That's what they tried to do, 20 years ago, when the IDOT did highway 'Improvements' on 151.
Made wider shoulders. Designed the Ditches, so when vehicles went off the highway, they could drive through the ditch, {where they now...want Fairfax's Trail} 
and.be able to continue...without a 'Roll Over'. 
The IDOT accomplished that, in the two Counties, South of us.
The Fatalities, and Accidents, were reduced, there.
But, as reported, by The University of Northern Iowa, in their 2010 Safety Audit, 
even After...the 151 Highway Improvements,in 'The Urban Area of Fairfax', the Fatalities, and Accidents, continued to Climb.

There are 20 intersections, within a mile stretch, through Fairfax. 
{Business Drives, Private Drives, and Street Intersections.}
The Traffic Count, much...are Heavy Trucks, and Semis, is around 13,000, a day.
I'd bet....more.
No stop signs, and a 45 mph. Speed Limit. {many, run 60}
The University of Northern Iowa, concluded this was one of the most dangerous stretches, in Linn County, for 'Vehicles'. {No Study, has been conducted for Pedestrians, or Cyclists}
The IDOT, is planning a center turning lane, for left hand turns.
That, will...become a 'Passing Lane', when people are making Right Hand Turns.
Getting turned in, to the left...may be safer.
Getting ON, to Highway 151, from all of those Intersections...
 will be Extremely Dangerous, even Worse...than they are...Now.
Then, having to watch for Pedestrians, and Cyclists....that would be 15 feet, from the Traveled Portion of 151, along....with All of The Traffic....
oh...
my.
oh...my.
: (
Our Property is where the Big Trees, were standing.
They, are now....Gone. 
Trail Plans, were a huge part of their taking.
The car in the ditch, crossed over the on coming traffic, and slid through the ditch...
Exactly where people would be encouraged to walk, if a Trail was there.
This concrete fragment, probably bounced out of a Dump Truck, while travelling on 151, in Fairfax. {my shop....is behind, to the left.}
One, of Many.....along with all sorts of debris.
That fragment, weighs over 200 pounds.
I, have it here.
Took it, along with the smaller one, below....to a city council meeting, last year.
The mayor, and council refused to look at them.


 This 'Trail', for Fairfax, has nearly  consumed my life, over 4 years.
We've lost land, and trees.
Many, have, solely....for a Trail, No One....should ever walk on.
{Council members have stated at public meetings, that they won't allow their Children, or Grandchildren, to walk on Fairfax's Trail. 
And....went on to say....
It's The Parent's responsibility to keep their Children, Off...of Fairfax's Trail.
???
I've lost, many...Loved Ones, over the last 5 years.
I, can't bare....to watch others, 'Lose',  because of such reckless actions, without any 'Safety' considerations. 
There are some things, happening now....as the IDOT begins to do road construction, that have brought this all back up. 
Taking of land, that was condemned solely, for Highway Construction., yet....is being 'Graded', by the IDOT, for Fairfax's Trail. 
Bridges, that are costing Millions Extra...
 to be widened...Solely...for a 'Trail'.
A Trail...that, was supposed to have been eliminated, in front of our Home, through a Lawsuit, last Fall.
I have a document, that states...what they are trying to take, now.....would Not be necessary, if Fairfax's Trail was taken out of the Plans for Highway 151, through Fairfax.


We, are All...Paying for This.
Some, Will Pay a Much...Higher Price, 
than others,
 if the IDOT, and Fairfax...gets this Trail.
Please, Keep This Situation In Your Prayers.
No Trail...along 151, through Fairfax.
No Trails, along Federal Highways...without an Independent Safety Study.
Thank You.
<3 <3 <3 
Barb C.


Visited with a Dear, Friend....a while back.
She said, in her darkest times, when she felt...so helpless....
 she Prayed,
"Your Grace...is Sufficient for me."
and... asked the Lord, to bring Someone, to 'Help'. 
He, Always...Did, she said. 
I, believe that, too. 
Every Word. 
<3 <3 <3 
I, too... can testify to that. 
He did, 
that very morning.
Once...again, 
with her call.
<3 <3 <3

No comments: