Thursday, November 21, 2019

Holidays...past.

These pictures popped up today.
The above, is my Favorite Christmas...display, down the rabbit hole.
<3
It was several years ago, I remember enjoying filling that old tin bathtub with ornaments.
When it was done, I remember sitting there, sipping wine....and wishing those were Bubbles, instead of ornaments....and, I could climb in, and soak...for Hours.
<3 <3 <3
This is our Cook Stove.
It's wood/gas combination.
It dates from the early 1900's.
We don't use the wood side, never have.
The Old 'Workhorse'....doesn't do much cooking,
 except during the Holidays, anymore.
I, basically use one burner, for most everything. 
It always seems to look happier, as the Holidays approach. 
It Loves...to Cook, and Bake!!
<3
It warms up the house, and....can really crank the food out. 
I love the wonderful aroma, that comes from that old stove....
and fills the house, over the Holiday Season, it's priceless.
I've often wondered....how many meals, that old stove has created.
Who...ate those meals.
: )
Wonder....who was the First Person, to light a match, to it's burner.
Wonder, if she...{or, 'he'} was as Excited to get it Home, as I was.
I found it, many, many....years ago, in an Antique Mall, in Waterloo, Iowa.
It was so difficult.
When I first saw it, I fell deeply in love with it.
<3
It was priced way out of our league.
I, loved our stove. It was a 1932 Roper.
So, couldn't justify buying this one.
Then, a year passed, and the springs broke on our stove's oven door.
I tried to find parts, to no avail.
.John, tried to repair them, and...for awhile, they would hold, but...then, they'd break.
I, still made do, and rigged up an old piece of lace, to latch the door.
In my travels, up north....one day, I stopped at that Antique Mall.
The old Stove, was still there. 
<3
Turns out, it belonged to an old friend. : )
She gave me a great price, <3 : ) 
 and....it replaced our 32.
{Most people upgrade with 'newer' appliances.
Hahahahaha. }
I, wouldn't trade this one, for a brand new one. 
I'm making a shopping list, and am looking forward to Cooking a Big Meal, 
with an old...'Friend'. 
<3 <3 <3 
{Always....Way....Too Much Food!!! 
but, then... That's One....
of The Best Things....about Holidays!!}
: )
<3
Love, to each and....Everyone.
Barb C. 



No comments: