Wednesday, November 20, 2019

The Path of Truth is Plain & Safe....



Been reminiscing ....a bit, today.
I leave 'Christmas' out, in the old cupboards, year around.
My favorite 'Christmas'.
'Christmas', that was was thoughtfully given to me, over many years,
 as Gifts, from dear Friends, and Family. 
<3 <3 <3 
Everything...in the Old...Cupboards, has a 'Story', a 'Memory'...attached.
Guess, that's why, I find it so difficult to pack it away, and out of sight.
These Old...Cupboards, are each, like a wonderful Jewelry Box.
Guess, that's why I Love...Them, So.

We live, such a fast paced life...these days.
Everything, is 'Instant', then...forgotten, as quickly.
When I can finally find my feet, again....
I, so....look forward to burrowing down, deep....inside the rabbit hole.
I've been away, far....too long.
I, used to think...that 'It',
 'The Rabbit Hole', was strange, and unusual.
After being above ground, and dealing with what most consider 
'Normal', 
'The Rabbit Hole', is the most 'Sane' place, on earth. 

Peg's Beloved, Michael...stopped by, yesterday.
He met me at 'The Rabbit Hole'.
He'd brought more of Peg's Treasures.
The Rabbit Hole, is turned Upside Down.
I've been Gone, too long.
Only have had time, to Dump...a Load, then...Run.
Between my body, healing...still.
My mind, being twisted, on most every level...
My heart, being...so badly broken, it's been very, very...difficult to 'find my feet.'
The Rabbit Hole, and I....have so much in common.
We, are...a reflection of one another.
Michael, looked about the same as us.
He's so...very Broken.
In some of the pieces he'd left, a while back...there was a Lovely, old...
Print, Peg had given to him, on their 43rd. Anniversary.
<3 <3 <3 
She'd written a Beautiful...note, on the back, for Michael.
That, went back Home...with him, yesterday.
Our 'Home', isn't the 'rabbit hole', 'The Rabbit Hole', is.
It's close....these days, with me spending so much time, in the 'Real' world.
: )
Our Home...is filled with Personal...Old....Old.
Memories.
The Rabbit Hole, is filled with 'Soul'.
I, rarely bring anything...through it's doors, that wouldn't be at 'Home', in our...Home.

Told Michael, I absolutely....MUST, get Moving, and get The Rabbit Hole, back...on it's feet, too.
It's much easier said, than done.
It was a warm, and decent day...I, really should've been there.
Tomorrow, it's gonna rain, and be colder.
Maybe, that's for the best. 
Sometimes, it's easier to get lost....there, when it's not so pretty outside.
Still waiting to hear from the State Officials.
I'll call them, in the morning.
A Dear Friend, gave me the little 1800's cup, with the motto, that says...
'The Path of Truth is Plain & Safe'.
I, reflect on that....and, her...often.
Treasures.
The Old...Cupboard, at the top of the page, is one of  8, in our dining room.
It's the largest.
7 1/2 feet tall, and 8 feet wide.
Came from my Friend, Amos, over 20 years ago.
He, said it originally was from one of The Witwer Dairy Farms, not far from here. 
It's been such a Beautiful...Old, Workhorse. <3 
I treasure it, and what it Proudly Holds, every day. <3 


As I'm writing, all Hell's Breaking Loose, across the Highway.
I, hear Yelling, and...Trucks Roaring.
Looks like they might've gotten some equipment stuck.
I even hear cars honking, like the Workers, are in the Traffic's way.
: ( : ( : ( 
This highway, is absolutely insane. 
: ( : ( : ( 
I, Pray...for those Workers. 
I think of our Kids, when I see them out there...working.
I visited with one of the Boys, yesterday....that are working this job.
: )
He, was so nice. : )
{They all are, that I've had the chance to meet. : ) }
Told him, if...there was anything he needed from us, to not be afraid to ask.
They work, so hard. They, are just doing their 'Job'.
Hope you....will keep these Highway 'Kids', in Your Prayers...too. 
Love, to You...
Barb C.

{They need to give 'Mama Bear', a Flag. ; )
 I Know this stretch of Highway, like none other.
I, Absolutely...Know,
 How to Protect our Children,
 Next to It. ; ) }

No comments: