Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Oh....my.

Sunday, and Monday....
were very busy days.
Wanted to catch up, with Friend, and Neighbor, Kathy....
She'd sent some Lovely...Vintage Ornaments with me, to Junk Jubilee Jingles, and a Gnarly Tree....
that, I wanted to settle up with her, on.
She didn't want anything for them....and, That....was just...silly.
I sold many of them...they were Beautiful....and, I appreciated her sending them.
: ) <3
So...put the money under a weight, on her table...and walked away.
: )
As I was leaving...I pointed out the darling 'Heart'.
Told her how much I liked it....and, of Course, she Insisted...I take it.
<3 <3 <3 
Kathy, Made...that Darling....little Heart.
I, will Treasure It...Always.


Then, as I was heading home, I saw there was a car, by Scout's pasture.
: )
These Folks...were visiting him.
<3 
They'd brought apples, for Scout.
He's a School Bus Driver, and visits Scout....every day, on his route.
<3 
He told me...how Much, he...and the School Kids, enjoy saying "Hello', and how Scout puts on a Show...for them.
<3
He brought his Grand Nephews, Sunday afternoon, to visit Scout.
Priceless.

Then, as we were visiting, with Scout....Neighbor, Bob...popped over.
He Loves Scout.
<3 
Brought him an ear of corn.
<3 <3 <3 
Then, Finally....Sunday afternoon, I visited Grandsons.
Keeden, Kyler...and, Kaycen.
<3 <3 <3 
I'd missed Kyler's 2nd. Birthday, as I was in Des Moines, doing Junk Jubilee Jingles.
: (
The Wonderful...Wonderful...Energy, these Children have....is Absolutely Priceless.
<3 
It was Very Good, spending a little time, with 'Children'. 
Adults, make me Crazy.
{Most...of them. <3 }
Now, I know why...Dad, Always sat at the 'Kids' Table....at Holiday Gatherings.
<3 <3 <3 
{I, do it...too. }

Then...Monday, rolled around.
oh my.
Had the meeting with the IDOT.
They were both very nice Men.
It's difficult, for me...to discuss this entire situation...
and, go over the same....facts, again...and, again.
It's like they are reading from a text book, and....aren't 'hearing', or....thinking of any options, except....what they've been programmed to say.
Make, no mistake....
I, wouldn't want their jobs.
They, too...were very sympathetic....to all of this.
But, I...don't want 'Sympathy', I want them to show me the Safety Studies, and...help me to understand, Why....they came up with the designs they have.
Common sense, isn't being considered. 
Without it, there will be much loss.
Monetarily, and...as I told them....with 'Lives'....as well.
I did my best....to get the facts out, without losing myself.
It, didn't work...the best.
{The first Man, I visited with, told me last week, he'd have a couple of hours, to go over everything. Then, when he arrived, on Monday....said he couldn't stay long, because he had another appointment.
I, said....guess, he'd be coming back, then, because...he said, he'd give me some Time.
He, wound up staying.}
He promised he'd send the safety study. : )
I learned, that the bridge in front of our home...is going to be completely  changed, and in doing so...the ditch, that was put in 20 years ago, for Vehicle Safety, is going to be Filled. {Trail}
So, the highway will be level with our Home. 
Not....Good.
Vehicles will have a straight shot, into our home.
Also, our gray waterline...is there. 
Looks like, it's going to have to be moved.
{They were surprised to see it. They were 20 years ago...too, when they destroyed it, with the last project. }
We didn't know it was broken....until we had a water leak, and the drain couldn't drain....because the IDOT had crushed the tile, in the Summer, but....when our basement flooded, in January, of the next year...the ground was frozen. It was -40, as I stood outside with the IDOT, and a hired, by us...Excavator.
The IDOT stood there, and said...
"If that's Orangeburg Tile...we aren't paying."
It Wasn't. 
They, still...didn't pay. Our Insurance Company did.
: ( : ( : ( 
The Man, in the Excavator, said...in front of us all....it was obvious, the IDOT's Equipment Crushed that tile.
{We'd shown it to The IDOT, back then, too. }
To see, how Surprised....the Two Men, were...on Monday, concerning that tile, after I'd reminded the Contractor....the IDOT Acquisition Folks, and... have it in our paperwork, from our Lawyer, concerning that tile, was rather disappointing.
: (
The Man, who was in charge, on Monday....said they are trying to do Everything, to prevent the Maple from coming down.
Said the Pine, where our Beloved Pets, are buried....won't be bothered.
: ) 
The problem is, The Massive Culvert, they are putting in, because of a Bridge, that's Huge, to accept Pedestrians....is causing this Entire...Mess. 
Stallman Drive, is another story.
That's... going to be a Circus.
I, told them so.
Told them, they keep sayin' "Safety is Priority One"....
Not from where I'm standing.
Of course, I've only lived here....nearly 40 years.
: )
What could I possibly know, about how 'these' roads work.
The Man said... "To move that new drive, the IDOT approved, a couple of months ago, {that...they shouldn't have put, where they did...}
to connect with Stallman, 
{and make it Much safer}
they'd have to acquire some land, to the West. 
{Nothing is there, but...dirt, it was a Farm Field, until July...of this year.}"
I, said...
 "Do It."
It was o.k. for the IDOT to come 'West', and come 12 feet from our home, for a Trail...No One, should Ever...walk on. 
Those Folks...wouldn't even lose a tree. 
If...'Safety'...is Truly.... 'Priority One'.
Do It. 
Oh...my. 
Told them, I know....the IDOT is going to do what it wants, but....whatever they decide, they need to remember, what I said. 
Like the Gal said...in ' O Brother Where Out Thou'
"I've spoken my Peace....and, Counted to Three." 
<3 <3 <3 
Just trying to save Lives....here. 
Lives, are Very....Important. 
I'll be anxious to see that 'Safety Study', as promised....for that new Drive.
Love to ya...
Barb C. 

{This....Drains me. 
I, sure wouldn't their jobs.
Bless their Hearts.
<3 <3 <3 }


{Just was thinking, as I was headed into Town. 
The Stallman Drive intersection, {Where the rabbit hole, is.} 
Even as irregular, as it is.... has never, to my knowledge....ever had an accident. 
One, of few...in Fairfax, that can say that. 
Yet, That's the One...the IDOT wants to Completely, 'redesign'. 
oh...my. }

If you've never seen the Movie,
'O Brother Where Out Thou'
watch it.
It's...Great.
<3

No comments: