Friday, November 22, 2019

The 'Scrap Yard'...on the Shelf. Simply....Iowa.


Another...long, long....day.
oh...my.
Made the long trek, to the mailbox.
Oh my....
There' s always, always...so much there, waiting.
I, always...say a Prayer, before I head that way.
I, procrastinated.... for quite awhile, this morning...before I found my way, to it.
Played with the Old...'Scrap Yard', on the Shelf....for a bit.
There's a bottle, from New Orleans, that's perched on the back of an old, old...Truck, there.
It's been there, for years.
Inside....the old bottle, are the remnants....of a Beautiful...Flower, I picked....on a Beautiful Day, long...ago.
I, often threaten to run away, to New Orleans.
I've been fascinated with it, most of my life.
Pal, Allyson, and I...visited New Orleans, many years ago.
I remember walking down Bourbon Street, on a hot afternoon....
Barefooted.
: )
Had...a Lampshade on my head, 
shoes, in one hand...
and, a Cajun Martini...from K-Pauls,
in the other.
: )
{Pal, Allyson...was carrying the Lamp. : ) }
I'd bought the Lamp, at a Fun, Antique Shop, in The French Quarter.
A Man, came walking up, briskly....from behind us....as he went around us, he said....
"Baby Girl! I was Gonna Tell Ya, How Much I Like Your Hat....
Until I saw Her, Carrying The Lamp!!!: ) : ) : ) "
Hahahahaha!!!
<3 
New Orleans. 
Yes, I....think, it's The Original....'Rabbit Hole'.
At least, The French Quarter.
I, don't know much about the rest.

The 'New Orleans' Bottle, was actually, 'Dug'...out of an old, old....
dump site, here....in Cedar Rapids.
Pals, Dawn, and Jerome...dug it up, on one their expeditions.
<3 <3 <3 
I, treasure it. 
The little old...Trucks, too.
<3 <3 <3 
There was nothing in the mailbox, I...couldn't handle.
Thanks, Lord. <3 
Make No Mistake, there was Lots...to Handle.
But, nothing...I, couldn't.
again, 
Thanks...Lord. <3 
Thanks, to All...who keep me in your Prayers.
They, Matter.
<3 <3 <3

One of these days...I'm gonna jump in old, Jethro....
and, head South, to New Orleans.
<3 <3 <3 
Stop...in Memphis, and forget for a moment, I'm vegetarian.
; )
{I'd always hoped, John...and, I...could make that Run.
He would've Loved...New Orleans, and...The Gulf. }
There's Nothing...like The South.
 There's something very soothing, and....gentle, about it.
Love...to ya,
 Barb C.

{The above 'Tune', is one, of my Favorite... Gene Watson tunes.
That's 'New Orleans', I'd bet....to many.  }




No comments: