Monday, November 12, 2012

Red Wine...and Kolaches....

Went to visit...Dear...Sweet Friends... last Evening....
I have pretty much shut myself in...these last couple of weeks...
and...kept busy...here...at Home....
I started thinking..of Old Friends...I hadn't seen...in sometime... my Friends...Stanley and Klarika...have crossed my mind...so often...this year...yet...I kept thinking...
"I'll call them...tomorrow"...
well... days...turned into weeks... then...weeks...into Months...and..before I knew it...I hadn't seen them...for over a year....
I called them... a while back...and said... "We are...Getting Together!!! and...
 We are Going to Make It Happen!"
Last night...we did....
It was Lovely! Klarika, is from Slovakia..and has been here...only 6 and a half years... she has been studying all Summer...for her Citizenship...! I am So Proud of her!!! She gets it...in a week! I can't wait to go see her...at The Ceremony!
I Love this Couple...so...
They Work...So Hard!
Stanley is an Amazing Artist....he works two jobs.. then... works on his Beautiful Portraits...a few hours, in the Evenings...
He's from Poland... originally....Incredibly Talented!!!
Klarika...was also working... nonstop.. but is down to one job...so she could concentrate on her Studies...
An Amazing... Woman...
{When I start 'Boo Hooing'...about how hard I work... I think of this Couple... oh my.... }
{AND...their Home...Is Spotless!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!}
Klarika made the Wonderful Kolaches...from her Country.. {My Mother's Country...as well..}For us to enjoy....with a little Red Wine.....
They...were Indredible!!!!!! So different from our American Czech version...
She gets Polish flour...when they visit Family, in Chicago... {our flour has too much gluten...she thinks...} and the Dough...is filled...with a cheese filling, with sugar and raisins, before the fruit is added...in the top...{She makes the cheese filling...from sour milk curds at home}...
 These Kolaches...are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!
We had such a Lovely...visit...
They are such Beautiful People...
Inside...and Out...
What a Gift...they are...
Love to ya..
Barb C.
{Klarika sent home a Beautiful Tray..of them...so I could share...with my Mama...
She will be...in Heaven!}


2 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh the Kolaches caught me eye!! My heritage also and my grandmother could whip up a batch of these lusicious little breads in no time.
I really think it is a lost art. Always great to take time to visit, sometimes we wait to long. Enjoy the week

Simply Iowa said...

Oh my...You are Blessed!
Having a Grandmother...who...could...also make KOLACHES!!!
Mom...is 100% Czech...but...she didn't make Kolaches...
They are Not...easy to make...
{Gifted Women...Make It Look Easy!}
and...yes...Our Visit...was....Wonderful... so..Very...Wonderful...
What Beautiful Gifts...we have..in our lives...and...seeem...to run too fast... to Enjoy Them...
I'm Learning...
Love to Ya...