Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Trip...Down Memory Lane...

The Horse...
I will have to admit... I wasn't happy...when John bought this Old...Carousel Horse....
But...the more I look at it... it reminds me... of my Beloved...White Cloud...
Dad bought her for me...when I was 10....
She was my Best Friend... {along with Dolcey...my Great Dane...} through my teenage years...
A White Horse... with...Beautiful Glass Eyes...
{she was Albino...She had Blue Eyes...but they are called  'Glass Eyes' in horses...
This Horse...has the same...look...as hers..were}
She had the Kindest..face...
and...was soooo Smart...we did all sorts of Tricks!
We Sailed...over many fences... she and I...
and...travelled...a Million Miles...together...
Sadly...she was struck by lightning...when I was 16... a June day... I'll never forget...
She was One...in a Million...
so...everytime...I look at this...I'll think...of her...
At The Fall Harvest Sale... a man...brought this little Pig...up to me... { I had bought it at Gold Rush...to keep... but...he'd been put out...by mistake...} The man said..."I'll give ya a buck...for this..." {I had paid...5.00... } I told him...I'd sell it...for what I paid... he was insulted... }
So...I get to Love Him!
{He looks...Happy..here... : ) }
{for the record... it's best...to ask...what someone will take...or...what would they like to have...than say..."I'll Give Ya"...
 Dad taught me that...when I was a Little Girl... you...can always...counter... and say..."would you consider ???"
Trust me...on this... : ) }
The Wine Rack...has found a spot...on the Dry Sink Cupboard... : )
Angels... Angels...
See The Kitty... This is 'Mama'... she's...Old... {see the broken, hand vase...?} One..of Many things... that have met their demise.... Thanks...to the Kitties... what can I say.... I'll get the Super Glue....
I have found...a handful of 'The Marion' fruit jars...over the years...
 I keep them...in memory..of Dad.. His name...was Marion...
I picked this wine up...on a whim...and...I gotta tell ya... It's Wonderful! Got it at Aldi's... It's White...and Sweet! My New Fave! {Beeren-Auslese Rheinhessen} Love...the Label....
 Bought 20 pounds of Red and White Potatoes...and 10 pounds of Sweet Potatoes...yesterday... There will be Plenty...for Thanksgiving...and Plenty...to send Home...with the Kids...{ I do...make  a 'Mean'...Mashed Potato... : ) and...a 'Meaner'...Sweet Potato!!!!!!

1 comment:

Simply Iowa said...

Wanda... The Horse...has found a spot...for now... through Christmas...
Then..She goes Up...
I'm going to try her...on top of the Big...Oak Piece...
: )