Friday, November 23, 2012

Roller Coasters...and Juggling Acts...sounds more like a Circus... than Thanksgiving.... oh my...

Thanksgiving....
oh my...
What a Day...
I hustled and bustled...all morning...
It's hard...to get everything done... and ready...to be served at the same time....
 Liz called...said she and her Family...were going to be later...
{We usually eat between one and two...}
I knew Justin, Katie...and 'J'...would be here earlier... they are always early...: )
With Mom being in the Hospital... I didn't have things done...like I normally would...
So...was Flyin'...
As the Kettles of Potatoes were boiling away...and I was preparing dips... the phone rang...
It was a friend...from far away...bringing me a pair of Massive Cupboards... for one of my customers...waiting at my truck...just...outside....
{I don't do business...on Thanksgiving...but...he was coming a long way...and was visiting Family...near... and with fuel being so high... this was the day...}
I had completely forgotten...he was coming...
I turned the food down...and ran outside....
We had to Hurry...and get them unloaded...
I bought them...for my customer..sight unseen....
knowing...that two drawers had to be made....
but...he assured me...they were otherwise... ready to go...
When my friend...opened the door.... to his box truck...
inside...was a Pair...of...Massive Cupboard...
 'Kits'...
Pieces... everywhere....
oh my Lord...
and...they were cut...in two... in the WRONG places... to be reassembled... for Free Standing Cupboards...
I just stood there... stunned...
I was Panicking...inside...
I hadn't paid him...for them...yet...but.... after all of his work... I couldn't leave him...hanging..
{I could have...{we had an agreement...that if they weren't like he promised...I wouldn't have to take them... he assured me...they were Wonderful... but...I couldn't... I just...couldn't do that to him....}
They were a lot..of money...
{Money...that I can't afford to lose...none of us can....}
and...they are Massive... they won't fit...in John's Shop...to be worked on...
I was...actually...in tears...Everything Running Through my Brain...
and...spinning... spinning....on where...to go with them...
They are Huge... and...Need A Lot...of Work...
We went...and put them...in storage...
I was desperately trying to put them together...after we unloaded them......to try to make any sense...of them...after we unloaded them...
My friend...wouldn't attempt...to help me..said they were way too heavy...for us to put together... just the two of us...
{by then...I was getting a little...Frantic...I Needed to see them....together... for my sanity...I had... to get these Massive 'Puzzles'..together...in my head...to be able to figure out...
Some Way...to Salvage...a Very Bad...Situation...}
I called...Justin...to see if he'd come help...
and that's when he said...they wouldn't be out...until 4:00...when Liz...Nick and Scarlett...were coming...
4:00...?
The food... would be ready...by 1:30....
{I had no idea...they weren't coming until then...I assumed...Liz and her Family...would be here by 2:30...at the latest....}
I closed my phone... put a check..on my friend's Truck dash....
 left my friend...loading his packing blankets....at the storage garage...
came home... and started plating  the food up...
so it could be heated in the micro...
Cut the Turkey....
and putting extra...into containers....
Cleaned the pots and pans...and got everything put away...
sat down...at the table...
and thought...
I now...know why...Mom...always drank...on The Holidays...
and Dad... disappeared...
I truly...wanted to run away...
I thought...I'd go see Mom... called the Hospital...to see how she was doing...and the Nurse said...she was Sound...asleep... and she needed to rest... she hadn't been getting much ....
so... I just sat here..
Frankly... I was...Done...
Completely...Done....
Had...Nothing...left.....
This morning... I'm waiting...for my customer...to call me back...
Tell him...the bad news...
 I'm thinking...I should call...my friend...and apologize...for my behavior...
{already did...}
 I was... Gone... Long.... Gone....
I was planning on putting The Tree Up... today...
{ tradition...}
but...the Holidays... aren't sounding like much fun...today...
I kept...reminding myself... of Everything...I should be Thankful for...
There is Much...!....: )
But... Roller Coasters....and Juggling Acts... I am... Not....
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{My Cupboard Customer...just called...said...don't worry about it...today...he'd call back...Monday...and we'd figure out...a strategy... : ) then... texted me...a little later...and said.."Don't Worry"... I sent one back...asking him...to please send that message...every 30 seconds...: )}
 
 


No comments: