Saturday, February 11, 2012

Tales from the Crypt...

I captured these images....in my Bedroom....
My stool, I sit on in the kitchen...has fallen apart....I do all of my computer work in there...at the cutting board....but...until it's repaired...I'm moving to my room....
As I was returning e-mails....this evening...I glanced around my room...and see...it's very much...like the Rabbit Hole.... Filled...with such Soulful things.... The Old Beaded Lamp Shade...I adore...that I got from my friend, Gail H.... I had just visited with her today....
Shared some of my new plans...with her...concerning the shop...yet...not setting anything in stone, until...I get some rest....
But...as I sit here...this evening... I find...this is who I am...
 The Grungy....Gnarly...Primitive...Swaggy...Frayed...Lacey...a bit...Dusty...Tattered..and Torn...Girl...
Simply...Soulful...and...totally...'As Found'.....
What You See...is What You Get....
The room...is full...but...warm...everything...in it's place....
I have a seven foot tall Primitive Chimney, Pie Safe....in Old...Hot Pink...and Gray...a few, Folk Art Horn, wall mounts..in  Heart Shapes...and several... worn velvet pieces......a mid 1800's Linen Press...an early ...primitive walnut work table..{my new computer table...} an 1840's Chery, sewing stand....a Huge...Folk Art Wardrobe....a Huge...Old...Old...Southern Fireplace Mantle, Fragment...{love it...have had it...for over 20 years...}Old Silver...Oil Paintings...Prints....Lace....a dozen, or so... old clocks... from a Grandfather...to weight driven Mid 1800's varieties......Tufted...Upholstered Chairs...and...an Old Windsor...{my new seat...} for good measure...basically....The Rabbit Hole...in a Nut Shell...hmmm...
I don't know...how much...I can...'change'....this is who I am....The Rabbit Hole...is...who I am.... Crowded...and Dusty...but....mostly....Soulful...
I worked in the shop...today....and...I will be making some changes...on many levels...
But...I'll let my heart...be my guide...
I don't think...I can stray...too far...
I think...maybe...just pouring myself...back into it...will be...Huge....
It was great seeing my Sister in Law...Marsha, today...it's been way too long...she saw the beautiful Velvet Victorian Quilt, on the blog, and had to have it....It found...a most...perfect home...
Love...to ya...

I keep my Favorite Books, in this Old Pie Safe...it's Tall and Narrow...Like a Chimney Cupboard...I also keep my lingerie in it...{ahhh socks...and underwear...I'm not a lingerie...girl...but, it sounded good.... : ) }I use the Wardrobe, with it's many shelves...for shirts...and jeans...I don't use a dresser....for clothes....only in the spare rooms... Everything has a purpose...and is used...Everything has to pull it's weight...{well...not the dibby dabs....they are food for the Soul....}

I Love Hearts...so have several Folk Art Pieces...throughout the house...Grungy...Gnarly...ones... several came from Tom and Paula, and Jan....love...love...love...their style....

Love this Old...Painting....it's one of my Favorites....

Some of my Most...Favorite Treasures...have come from Gail....and so many friends....This Old Gnarly Shade...greets me every evening.... I Simply....Love it...I have old handmade lace dripping from it...and lots of jewelry....as well as little treasures...I have picked up, here and there...I had it for sale....for a long time....and finally thought....if no one appreciates it...I'll pull it....and enjoy it..myself...for awhile..and I do...every...single...day...


No comments: