Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Faith....

There are times in your life,  you walk away from all of the drama, and people who create it....
You surround yourself, by people who make you laugh...
Forget the bad...and focus on the good....
Love the people who treat you right...
Pray for the ones who don't...
Life is too short...to be...anything...but happy...
Falling down...is a part of life...
getting up...is Living...
{Jose' N. Harris- a story of Faith...Hope and Love}

I posted this, on my facebook, a couple of days ago...It pretty much says...exactly where I am....in life...these days...and it feels good...
I am....at Peace.... and that...feels good....
I purchased these earrings...today... Love...Peace...Hope...the last ones...on clearance...
 Waiting for me...I think....The only thing missing....is "Faith"....but no need to wear that....
 'Faith'...is always... with me...always....
As I thought about Dad....so much...during the last trials....and how he would have reacted....I can see him smile....he was a wise man...and...none of this nonsense...would have gotten to him....he would have laughed it off....{ahhh...Big Laughs....}packed it all up...in a tidy little box...and pitched it all...... kept whistling a sweet tune.... without ever......looking back.... 
I think...that is exactly...where I am...
As I read this...the other day....I could almost...hear his voice...speaking those words....That is how he lived his life....
Sounds good to me....
I had a lovely day...filled with friends...and people...who make me laugh...It doesn't...Truly...doesn't...get better...than that....
Hope you had a Lovely Day....
Filled with Laughter....I truly...do...
Love, to ya...
Barb C.
{Please keep Peg in your Prayers...3 more weeks of radiation...and chemo....and they are cutting her loose....for awhile!!!! Thank You...for all of the Continued Prayers...Thank You...They Work!!!}
{Dad was...the Best Whistler...Ever!...and...I have reminded myself... of 'who I am'...I'm Marion Conner's Daughter.... : )  Wow!}

4 comments:

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

"The deep end of the ocean"...a book title, but also an exquisite way to describe the depths of living. I wish for wading pools, colored beach balls and a plastic duck ring to wear about my waste...to giggle & frolic thru life. But the deep end of the ocean often waits. I do believe that is the price we pay for our own complicated intricate & thoughtful soul. When one stands up strong, it is often at a cost...a dive into that deep end. Oh if it could always be just a toe in the water...but we all know there is no truth to that. That would far too shallow for deep thinkers & complex emotion.
I will take the depths now & again.
Kari

Simply Iowa said...

Seems...I find myself...always...out in the deep....and...sometimes...the Sharks...are thick....
Think...I'll be a Land Lover... and enjoy...The Rabbit Hole.... let the Sharks... have the deep... : )
Dad was always...a "Willow'... I was too... 'til...I had to be the Oak... {or...thought I 'had' to be....} an Oak...can't withstand, the winds, of Life...and people...are always climbing all over ya...
Think... I need to let my 'Willow'...tree...grow..and...
let the wind...blow...
Love to Ya...Kari...

Scarlett Scales Antiques said...

Barb,
It was so good to talk to you today. I'm sorry that you've been without your dad for this long. I know how much mine means to me. It sounds like he is always with you though. Whistling in your ear.
Love you,
keep picking
Scarlett

Simply Iowa said...

Hey...Scarlett...
It was great visiting with you...as well...
Someday...someday....we'll sit....sip Sweet Tea...and....really...catch up...I miss you...my little soulmate...
The first time I met you...and your Dad...I saw me...and my Dad...
I was...his world...The Apple...of his eye...as you are...to your Father...
You...and I...are soooo Blessed...
Please...take care...of You...and give your Dad...a Big Hug....from me...
I do...love you so...
Barb C.