Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sister...Victorian....Crazy Quilts.... oh...my...

These Darlings.....are so sweet...how could I choose? They came from the same estate....on the north side of Chicago...and...both...are so...so...Beautifully done... both...odd sized...small...like a crib quilt... one, is 36x56, the other...34x62... both...are in amazing condition... for their age...in silk...and velvet... the hand work...is...Lovely...lovely...
There is something about a Crazy Quilt...that always...touches my heart... and when I saw these little darlings... hanging...on the wall... they were singing.... I couldn't choose...between the two...so bought them both...
They each have their  own strengths.... and were probably made by the same person...or...close relatives....
Here they are...side by side...the one on the left... is stunning...yet...the one on the right...was the one that first grabbed me... the embroidery...is beautiful....the piecing, of the one on the left...knocks your socks off... oh my...

No comments: