Thursday, February 16, 2012

Spring...is in the Air!

As I walked Polly...this morning... {it's lovely....} I snapped a few images of my surroundings...
This is my Flock...of Gnarliness.... They are worn...and grungy... but so dear to me... Surprisingly...others like them, almost as much as I .... {I always seem to gravitate...to things...most people...would discard.....seems...they need...someone...to love them...so...I oblige....an easy task...with such soulfulness...}
The flower pots....are waiting patiently...for Spring... when they can hold...Beauty...once again....
The insulators...are all nestled together...as if...they are trying to keep warm....they fascinate me... when I stick them atop a picket...on the old Farm Fence... The Sun catches them....and they Sing!
The Sweet...Garden Fence... only a couple feet tall...is waiting...and wondering...when, and what project it will be asked to contribute to....With Spring...in the air... it knows...it's time to shine...is quickly approaching!
The Season Boy...holding a little Chick... is also glad...so see the Snow...gone.... and soon...the Flowers...will be surrounding his toes....me...too....can't wait..to kick off my shoes... and let my feet become, one...with the Earth....
Spring...is coming... just around the corner...
a good...feeling...
Hope you have a Lovely day....filled with Sunshine...
Barb C.
{I want to make a few things clear...as I have had some e-mails...and calls...concerning Nashville.... The show was tuff...I did o.k., better than some...not as good as others....but...O.K. From what I hear...that was true, for all of the shows, that weekend....
That being said....The Show was Amazing...as Always...the Promoters...are Top of the Line....Super Bowl Weekend...was probably...not a good weekend for a show...Next Year...It will be back to Valentines Week...and...it will be Over the Top...in Every Way....
I went into this show...exhausted... on every level....pulling energy....from thin air...had sold...my booth...over and over...and was headed South...with Great Things...but...not...with the load I really needed...I am...soooo thankful...for every sale I had....
I have finally come to terms...with a lot of the weight...I was carrying on my shoulders...{I'll tell the entire story...in the book...someday...then, maybe... you'll understand...why...I have been so far down...on the ground....}
This blog...is a tiny window...of my Journey...The Love...of Old Things...People... and...Life...my...life...
I have thought about, writing a different blog...stricktly...about each, of the above...and keeping this, as only...'Simply Iowa'... the Shop... and Antiques... and...keeping the other...private...so...I can have my therapy... and not expose you all...to my...'Journey'....
It's difficult...for me to seperate them...as they are all...so entertwined....
But...for today... I am Thankful...for Everything...that has come my way....Especially...the times...when I have been dropped to my knees...I have grown...and learned...so much...by the severe pruning...the Lord has done...with his pruning shears....He knew...the Blessings...that would come from it...and...deep down, inside...as painful as it has all been...so do I....
Love, to you...
I will always....Love...you...no...matter... : )
Barb C.} 


No comments: