Monday, May 2, 2011

Black Cats...and Miss. Sally....

Of Course....I forgot my camera...
Patti invited me to lunch...with she, and Steph...{Fern Hill} {Shephanie Brandenberg Studios}.... it was Great...Leonardo's...
Patti was stopping by...on the way home...and was following me...I was driving Sweet Sally.... I was flyin'.... Sweet Home Alabama Blaring... when I thought I felt my phone calling me... it was Patti....
 a Very Pregnant Black Cat... was waddling across the four lane hi way... she pulled over... and said..."What do I do?".... {about in tears....wanting to rescue, the cat...I told her...I would help her... {I am a rescuer... but...we have 4 'rescued' cats...that make my life a living Hell... in the house.... So...Rescue...I will... {I love ALL Creatures...Great...and Small...}She...takes it to Her House...} I turned Sally around.... and went back, to where Patti was.... walking, in the ditch...searching for the cat... I rolled down my passengers window... creeping along....no cat...anywhere...just then...Patti said..."STOP"...I hit the  brakes....too late.... what she saw, from the ditch...that I didn't... was a frickin' gully... 2 feet wide.....3 feet deep.... Sally's front right tire, dropped straight down.... nearly lifted the right rear tire off the ground....and was resting on her bumper... I.... gently put her in reverse...ahhh...no way... she was STUCK...  I got out of the little Mustang... walked around.... to the right side...saw the horrible mess... knew the only way out...was to lift...and push...with everything I had.... she was buried... told Patti, to get in... put 'er in reverse... she said...I would never be able to lift it enough...to get it out.... I said...Just put it in reverse.... and... gently....give 'er a little gas...Don't....spin the tires.... Patti did a Great Job! and I am pretty strong....{especially...when I don't want a frickin' Wrecker... Touching...Sweet Sally...} {Mustangs are light...} and she backed right out of the Horrible Hole....{It broke the bumper... and the unit, above the head light.... if I had been going any faster than 1 mile per hour..... the radiator support...and radiator, would have been GONE....I think air bags would have blown... yee haw...}
A Sweet Young Man....pulled over, just as I got back in Sally.... said he'd seen her...with her front end, down in the ravine...and thought we may need a little help.... what a Sweet Heart! but... we had it under control.... I had him walk to the ravine... he couldn't believe it... oh  my....
The Black Cat....well... she was GONE!!!! Who knows where... Cat's are pretty smart.... I told Patti...Pray for her.... She'll be fine...
Sally... Well.... Thankfully, I know an Amazing Body Man.... and he got her put back together.... after all... she's like the Driver.... not perfect...never was... she is... what she is....Simply...Sally!
Oh My...
The Fun Never Ends!
Barb C.

4 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

You crack me up!!!!! All that for a pregnant black cat. You're a lucky woman to have a good body man. Have a good week! Jan

Gatherings said...

Black cats crossing your path? I thought you had the truck when you did that not sally!

Simply Iowa said...

Oh Jan....
I am Blessed...30 years...Plus! I pulled in with Sally....Said..."I Broke Her" {with tears... welled up...in my eyes....}....and pointed to the Bumper.... and he worked His Magic! {he knows what this little old... Mustang means...to this Old Girl...}
I am Blessed....
Love to Ya...
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Oh Wanda...
It was a Blessing...it wasn't the Work Truck...
I could afford to lose Sally....Not...Arnold.... Oh My...What would I do...without the Little Ford???
My Heart Would be Broken... without the Mustang....
But...Our Living...would be Lost...without the Ranger....
Love, to Ya!
Barb C.