Monday, May 23, 2011

Prayers to Joplin....

I didn't know how bad Folks got hit, until this morning.... Peg and I thought we were going to get it, here... at least 3 Tornadoes hit within 30 miles of us... We could feel it..in the air... I  heard sirens...yet...they never went off... I think it was just my brain, thinking they should be singing... {Carolyn was here, as well, for a bit...I kept saying..."is that a siren?...is that a siren....? do you hear a siren?...} It was very tense, for several hours....
From the South, to Minnesota... it was a very scary day...
Our hearts go out to all of those, who have been touched by this Disaster....
{the Critters, too...oh my....I always think of them...}
I opened my Streams...to this Poem...it was marked, in the worn, book...tho...I don't recall marking it....

Earth's fairest flowers grow not on sunny plain,
But where some vast upheaval tore in twain
The smiling land
After the whirlwind's devastating blast,
And molten lava, fire, and ashes fall,
God's still small voice breathes healing over all.
From broken rocks and fern-clad chasms deep,
Flow living waters as from hearts that weep,
There in the afterglow soft dews distill
And angels tend to God's plants when night falls still,
And the beloved passing by the way
Will gather lilies at the break of day....

God Bless...
Barb C. John...Peg ...and Family...
{Peg gave this to me, for my Birthday...it seemed perfect, today...well...everyday...}

No comments: