Sunday, October 24, 2021

Straightening.... the old crown, again.


Heading to The Midwest Show...in a few minutes.
Goin to drop off cards, for The Anamosa Vintage Market...Show, in January.
Mark, probably has it covered...and, Polly, from Polly Ann's...in Mt. Vernon, will have them, as well.
<3

The Midwest Show...is Beautiful.
Always.
Thom, the promoter...called me a couple of weeks ago, and asked...if I'd like to set up...there.
"No.".
; )
Grateful...for the offer, but...oh my, life has been Crazy, here....
not prepared to do a Show, right now.

Have a HUGE Load...of Vintage BLING...coming tomorrow, from Chicago.
oh my.
Have No Idea...where it's All...going to Land.
Wow.


Had a bit of a melt down...last night.
This...frickin Stress, is ugly.
Ugly.
: (

Gonna head down, to feed Scoutaroo...then, go...to The Show.
It'll be Great Seeing Everyone, and seeing Amazing Antiques.
The Midwest Show...is Truly a Gift to our area.
<3

A 'memory'...popped up on FB, from three years ago, this morning.
It hit me hard.
Hard.

Don't know what I would've done...without our Amazing Lawyer.
Three years ago...today, I was preparing for the worst.
I, shudder to think, how MUCH Worse, things would be...here, had he not taken the reins on this wrongfulness.



I remember...stabbing the old pitchfork in the ground, when the IDOT Dude...told me where their Right of Way...was going to be.



Had our Lawyer...not stepped in, ALL of Those Trees would be Gone.
All Of Them.
As it is, since the IDOT Breached our Agreement, and made accommodation for Fairfax's Trail...
anyway, our drive is short...short, much higher, no ditch...to keep water away from us...
well...We Are The Ditch, because of them.

This has gone on...for 5 years.
5...Years.
The last 3, have been crippling.

Told my Pal, Steph...last night, as I was melting down...
down...down, 
'Work'...has kept me alive.
but...
I can't find my feet 'Here'.
Home...is far away, even when I'm 'Home'.
What used to be...
'Home'.

It's sickening.

I'm Grateful...our Trees, well, a few of them...survived.
The IDOT Took...MANY, they shouldn't have.
Many.
: ( : ( : ( 
Without our Lawyer...They'd be Lost.
The IDOT would be 12 feet from our Home.

I've gathered myself...up, once again...this morning.

Going to take this day...on.
See some Good People, and...visit.
<3

The below...popped up, too....this morning.
; )

Gotta straighten this...old crown, again...
and keep movin' forward.


Good advise, for us all.
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Love the Tune, above.
; )
Elle King, and Miranda Lambert... Rock.
; )
They get my feet movin' with this One.}

No comments: