Friday, October 29, 2021

One...More....Shove.


Was down for the count...yesterday.
This 'Bug'...has been pretty difficult on our entire Family.
All of us, have been darned sick, for days.

We're all getting through it, but...it's been a draining week.
I...probably pushed a little too hard, the other day, and...paid for it, yesterday.
Feeling a bit, more alive...today.
; )


I'd written a long post, the other day...about The Mirrors, and Chandeliers...
 Spent that day...cleaning them.
Thinking about 'La Julia'...the prior owner.
When you handle things, that you know...meant so very much...to someone, {much like conducting Estate Sales, or...working on Old...Hand Made...Furniture}
you..kind of get to 'Know'...those people, through their 'treasures'...their 'Art'.
<3

That's exactly...what happened the other day.
By the end of the day, I was feeling pretty melancholy.
{and...Ill.}

When I finished putting the above Chandelier together...
noticed there were too many prisms attached.
Then...looked back on the Images Chicago Ray, had sent...while they were still hanging in La Julia's Home.
: )

Of...Course, there were too many Prisms.
: )
She...had put More Bling...on The Bling.
: ) : ) : ) 

All of her Chandeliers...had More Beads, More Prisms...than what they originally had.
<3

Remember...saying years ago...to one of my 'Show Partners'...while setting one of our booths,
"When ya think you've pushed It...
'Over The Top'...
Give 'er Another Shove."
: )

That's what La Julia did, I'd bet...in everything she did.
She was an 'Artist'.
<3

Took a video, that night...and walked through the Sea of Chandeliers.
but....also, looked around, at what John has created...here.

All I could think about...was La Julia's Home...coming down.
She passed away, in 1992, but...somehow, her death...seemed much more recent.

Then...thought about...how our 'Home'...has also been so 'butchered'.
Like...La Julia's...
nothing, will ever be the same.

Guess I'm rambling...again.


As much as I rant, about not having any patience, 
{which, for many tedious things...I don't.
Fishing line, Christmas lights, Weed Whip...string, and certain people.}
I, do...have 'Patience'...when it comes to Old...Soulfulness.
<3
Love cleaning it, fixing it...
pulling it from the ashes, after everyone...dismissed it, couldn't see the 'Beauty'....that was always there.
Always.
<3 <3 <3 





Chicago Ray...brought this Chair, from La Julia's.
: )
I...haven't cleaned it up, yet.
It's Over The Top...too.
<3

If you could've heard Ray...on the phone with me...as he was walking through...La Julia's Home, 
oh my.
; )

It had been broken into...many times, over the decades.
yet...
Ray, was so impressed by it.
Kept saying...
"Barb! I Wish You Could SEE This!!"
; )

I, have...Ray. I...have.
<3 

Had to get permission, from Ray's Friend, who has the Salvage Rights, to share La Julia's name.
He was so happy, that I would.
: )

Of Course.
I Always...when allowed, Share...The History of Every Piece.
Always.
<3

Thanked them Both...for Saving what they could.
Too Much...of our History, is lost...to wrecking balls....
chain saws, backhoes, and jackhammers, for all sorts of greed, nonsense, and
wrongfulness.

Too Much.




Cleaning, and working...with La Julia's Treasures, has been therapeutic.
{very slow...going, because...I'm very 'slow'...right now.}
Never the less...very therapeutic.

I, wish...and, struggle...with saving 'the rabbit hole'.
Can't understand...why, I can't find that Same...'patience'....and 'Vision'...
when I look at 'it'.
: ( : ( : ( 

If...
I'd stumbled...upon It, somewhere...else, oh my....
NOTHING Could Stop Me....from Saving It.
: ( : ( : ( 
Making it More Beautiful, than anyone could ever imagine.
Giving it One More Shove....
'Over the Top'. 

I can't find...'The Beauty'.
I...can't 'See' It.
: (
all I see, is the wrongfulness.
I...see, what used to be, before...
Fairfax, and District 6...
destroyed us...for a wrongful Trail.

We're starting on Jerri's Estate Sale, next week.
Work...away from 'Home'...has truly been my salvation.
She was a Wonderful Woman, and...I'll do my Best, as will Bill, and us all...
to make her Proud.
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.





No comments: