Friday, January 22, 2021

Troubling...ways.


Helper, Brandon....is going to help me take down 'Christmas', Sunday.
Usually, I'd have it put away, by now.
There's not much 'usual'...about these last many months, years....
with the exception...
they aren't 'Usual'...at all. 

My Lawyer...called yesterday morning, as I was heading to the rabbit hole.
He's setting up a meeting, here, in the near future... with some Folks, to take a look at these
'Worrisome'...things.

 Began going through hundreds...of 'before and after'...Fairfax's/IDOT Trail...images.
oh my...
Troubling...

Below...are a handful.

Then...was on the phone, with many Folks, who...also, have seen this all...unfold, with me.
oh my.

Visited with Daughter, Liz...she, and I had a deep, heart to heart.
For the first time....she told me that she knows, God...has a Plan.
and...to keep moving forward.
<3 <3 <3 

I, know...how difficult that was for her.
This whole Fairfax/IDOT battle, has been crushing for her, to watch her 'Mom'...go through.
She'd give Anything...for this to 'Go Away', in any way.
because...she'd seen how many wounds, they've wrongfully inflicted.
but...
her Faith...like mine, is carrying us.
<3 <3 <3
 
{stopped to think about...'this', after I posted this...this morning.
 Everything...
 our Kid's, Family....and Friend's...have had to go through, with me through these 'wrongful'...'worrisome'... issues.
I'm not sure...I could've handled all of 'This'...if it would've been my Mom, and Dad...
confronting this. 
All of This. 
oh...my. 
I'm so sorry, that so many...have suffered so deeply, because of this 'wrongfulness'.
They...are Truly...the 'Strong Ones'. 
<3 <3 <3 }

 
This was June...2020, at the rabbit hole.
With less than 2.5 inches of rain.

Never...in 40 years, has the water went over Stallman Drive.
{Not even, in 2014, when we had 7 inches of rain...in a few hours.}
Not until...the 'Trail'....and, 'Road Improvements'.
This....happened Three times, last year, with 2.5 inches, or less.
They were also pumping water, to the North, {Rabbit Hole} several different times, 
when, like...I tried, and tried...and...Tried, to tell them, it would.
because, well....
'Water...doesn't run Uphill.'
It...simply, does...not.
oh my. 


This was after...we moved the '49 Ford next to The Rabbit Hole, because of their construction.
It's a good thing.
The 'New'...poorly, designed Stallman Drive, is where the Ditch, used to be.
So...guess where the water is going to go...
Now.
; )
: ( 
oh my. 



oh my.

Before the construction.
Before we moved the '49.
See the light pole.
That...was a ditch.
It always held water, after Big Rain.
That's gone...for the poorly designed Stallman Drive.
I walked with Newman, from District 6, shared all of these concern's with him, with drainage...and the safety issues, long before the IDOT broke ground.
Put it in writing...as well.

Deaf ears.
: (
 



Because of the High Elevation...for Fairfax's {Wrongful} Trail....
The Rabbit Hole, 'Is'...The Ditch, now.
oh my.
The culvert they put in, works as good as the last one, The IDOT put in 25 years ago.
Ya see, it's Higher, to the North, at our Driveway, to the house.... than the South Point, by the Rabbit Hole, {Stallman Drive}
again...
Tho...I'm not an Engineer, it's been my experience, throughout life...
 water, simply.....won't run uphill.

This is on the East side of the Rabbit Hole, you can see the corner of the Shop...on the right.
This...was after a small rain.
The water isn't even close to reaching the Culvert, under our drive.
It'll be inside the rabbit hole, long...before it reaches  the 'Too High'...culvert's mouth.

I'll have an Album...for the 'Folks'...to look at.
a...very, sad...album.




This morning... thought of the Melody Gardot, Tune....
'Worrisome Heart'...
 just before I said my Morning Prayers, 'visit', really.. with our Lord.
'Thee Man'.
; )
<3 <3 <3 
I know...
He Loves me...the way that I am, with...all of my Troubling ways.
<3 <3 <3 
All of Us.
<3 <3 <3  

Needless...to say, didn't get a thing done, at The Rabbit Hole.
This, 'Trouble'... must come First.
 Top...Priority.
Just, as it's had to be...for nearly 5 years, now.

Love to You...
Prayers, for All.
Barb C. 


No comments: