Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Battle Scars.



Well...
surveyed the rabbit hole, today.
I gotta tell ya, it chokes me up.

If...I thought, I could get along with blinders on, I'd wear them 24/7.

This...'battle', is one of the most difficult ones, I've ever had to fight.

I get so angry with myself, every day...because I'm not seeing the Blessings, that are so...real.
All...around me.

Told Pal, Bill...the other day, about that.
My whole life, I've always taken what other's dismissed, thought were 'Sow's Ear's',
 and, effortlessly... created 'Silk Purses'.
It was Easy...because...
They...were always...'Silk Purses'.
<3 <3 <3 
Guess, I was Blessed to 'see' them, when so many...couldn't. 
Always felt, that was such a Gift.
{My Dad, Blessed me, with that 'Gift'. <3 }

So, like I asked Bill...the other day.... "Why...can't I do that now?"
The Hurricane, could've taken so much more, than it did.
Some...many...Lost Everything, around us.
: ( : ( : (
The rabbit hole...Still Stands, even...the Glass Greenhouses.
That's...Truly...a Miracle.
<3
Why...can't I see the beauty?

Everything...seems such a horrible mess.
Overwhelming.

Not too many years ago...this all...would've been a beautiful...welcomed challenge. 

Not sure...I can wrap my head around all of this...this time.
Maybe...the only way, I can...I, thought...while walking inside the house, tonight....
is, if...I take 'myself'...out of it.
Look at it all...as someone else's, like I do...when pulling an Estate Sale, together.
Put those Blinder's...on.

Spoke with our Lawyer, yesterday.
He's working hard...to figure out how to protect the rabbit hole.
: )
Sadly, I can't take the chance, on waiting...any longer.

We had it in writing, with the IDOT, about our drain tiles, I warned them all....long before they broke ground, and...while they were working, here.
Still...they crushed them, and our house...flooded three times.

I, can't let that happen, to the rabbit hole.
So...gonna get going on it, in the morning.

Looks like Mid March...for the first sale, as planned.
I'll post all of the details, soon.
Start...slammin' pictures.
 Was really hoping...it wouldn't actually come to this.
Prepared for the worst, but...had hoped, for the best.

Time is slipping away, Spring will be here, before we know it.
Rain, on this frozen ground...will be a disaster.

Below...are a few images, from inside the rabbit hole, taken a while back, that make me smile.
Some of the concrete statuary, will not be sold at this time.
Flood water, can't hurt it.

The things inside...with few exceptions...will have to go.
After seeing how...much damage our basement suffered, from a few inches of water, well, I couldn't bear to see the rabbit hole...lost, that way...too. 





Back, years ago...Folk's in The Business...would advise, "Don't buy anything with damage."
; )
Always advised Folk's...to seek perfection.
; )
oh my.
My advise...from day one,
Buy...what ya Love.
Those...chips, cracks, and mended place's....are all part of the Journey.
Soulful...Journey, that proves....it's a Survivor.
A Beautiful...Survivor.
Lived...an Unsheltered Life, was used...appreciated, and...Loved.
{After all, here it is... 150 years later, someone...before the 'perfectionists' appreciated it, for a Long...time. <3} 
: ) 
The Old...Souls.
<3 <3 <3 


 Always figured...if something, or...someone, didn't have a few battle scars, well...it, or...they, weren't very interesting.
: )
That's just me. 

{Our Peg...<3 <3 <3 
She...Loved...that 'Sanctuary', we call...The Rabbit Hole. <3 }



Sometimes...ya do have to be 'Mad'...to survive.





Watched the inauguration today.
It brought tears...to my eyes, many times.
The same...Capital, two weeks ago...that had a Confederate Flag, waltzed though it's Hallowed Halls, Beautifully...Embraced...a Turning Of The Page, for The United States.
'America'.
and...
Her People.
<3

{When I found this image, of John...with The Flag, tonight... many emotions...crossed my mind, for many reasons.
<3
The First Thought, I had.... was hearing him...say, to me... about All of 'This', IDOT/Fairfax Shit...

"I thought ya had a little more 'SPIT'...than That."
; )

Hahahahaha!!!!
<3 
oh...my. 
<3
Maybe...I do. <3 ; )

Had to post the below...Quote, in John's Honor. <3 <3 <3
{Frankly...I'm dealin' with a few anger issues, as well. ; ) } 



Love to Ya.
Prayers, for All.
May God Bless...Us All, and...Our Country.
She's a Survivor, Too.
With...
Many Battle Scars. 
<3 <3 <3 

Barb C.

We must never forget...All of Our Heartache, is Solely because of Fairfax, Iowa, City Hall, and IDOT District 6, 
'Suicide Trail'. Plans.
Money, Money.
oh my.
Lives will be Lost, 
Million's of dollar's wasted, because of Them.
Heartbreaking.

Folk's need to keep Tab's...on Local Government...Much Closer, than the State's or Federal.
Just...sayin'. 
<3



No comments: