Thursday, January 7, 2021

History...


Yesterday, while watching The Capital being Violated, 
the above image...a FB Friend posted...was exactly...how I felt.
Thought...why, oh why...did I decide to agree to climb on the 
 'Go Dry...January'
Wagon.

: (
If...I Ever...wanted to Suck Down Massive Amount's...
of Yukon Jack, it was yesterday.
: (
Devoured massive amounts of Chocolate...instead.
{Got Rid of the Rest...of That...Today, sent it with Helper...Brandon. }

As I watched everything unfold, in horror,
 {not knowing, at that time...Lives, had been lost}
I...Nearly....Lost My Mind... 
when I saw a man...
carrying a Confederate Flag, down the Hollowed Halls, of Our Capital.

I've studied The Civil War...over my life.
Read...Soldier's Diaries, from The Battlefield's. 
It...was such a volatile time, for Our Country.

Around 620,000 Lives...were lost, during that Conflict, that nearly divided Our Country...in Two.
Brother...against, Brother.
Families...Divided.
Northern, and Southern.
I believe...The Soldiers, from Both Sides...of The Civil War...
would be Appalled by The Horrific Behavior, yesterday.


Not Once...did that flag, ever...find it's way, into The Capitol.
Much Blood, was shed...to keep That from happening.
Yet...
Yesterday...
There It Was.

Make no mistake...I love The South.
I believe...it's wrong, to take down the Statues, in The South.
We Should Never...Forget, Our 'History'.


There are many issues, concerning The Civil War, that...should be studied.
Hate, and Greed, are only...two.
but...
Those Two...seem to have a Deeply Entrenched Place...still...in Our Capitol.


Many thoughts...travelled through my brain, as I watched....the Nightmare unfold, yesterday.
Many questions, too.

Where is the Security?
Why...is Our Capital...Not Being Protected?
and...the Thought, 
'Accessory Before The Fact'
?

All of Those answers...will come, in time.
We can be Sure...of That.

I Support The 25th. Amendment.  

 

I'm not going to get into politics.
It's futile.

There are Laws...that Protect Our Country.
Many...Have Fought, and Died...for Them.
They Must be Enforced.
With A Heavy Hand.


As I was getting ready to write, today....
walked past the Old...Cupboard, in the dining room.
It holds, some of my most favorite Treasures.
Many pieces, are Gifts, from Friends...over the years.
Many...date, from The Civil War...era.

I, looked up, at the little cup, Pal, Colleen, gave me...long ago, that says
'The Path of Truth is Plain & Safe'.
<3 <3 <3 


It's so easy to forget that, in troubled times.
I've reflected on that...old, old...transferware Child's cup...
many, many...times, since Colleen gave it to me.
<3

There's been so many times, I've wanted to March...in the Streets, these last few years.
 Gotten loud, frustrated....angry.
but...
have always...understood, 

'Truth...Will Ultimately Prevail...
Where There is Pains, to Bring It to Light.'
{George Washington}

There's been many 'Pains'. 
Truth, and Light...are close at hand.

Love to You.
Prayers...For All.
May God Bless...America.
<3 <3 <3 

Barb C. 

{Those I watched...yesterday, in Our Capital, as Scarlett O'Hara, would say...
"Aren't Fit To Wipe Their Boots".
Me, meaning...
The 'Soldiers', who Fought, and Sacrificed,
 North, and South...during The Civil War.

Yesterday...
The American Flag...was Spat On.
so was...
The Confederate Flag, from Long Ago.

Shame...on them All, yesterday...who...Foolishly...'pretended'...to carry Them. }



No comments: