Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Just...a 'Simple Paragraph'.

Cleaning...shuffling...and, reorganizing, today.
Helper, Brandon...and I, moved a 7 Drawer Chest, upstairs...into Justin's...
old, bedroom, on Monday.
Tight...Fit.
Tight...
Fit.
oh my. 




It's such a wonderful...early, early....1800's Empire Piece.
Bought it...a year and a half ago, in Iowa City, Iowa.
Maybe...two and half years, now.
Time...Slips Away, Fast.

Had nowhere to go with it, at the time I bought it...but...knew...it was a piece, I had to try to find a place for.
So...it sat, in the Big Room, in front of the Beautiful...Herman MO., Wardrobe....I bought while traveling with Pal, Wanda...several years back.
We visited Peg, on that trip. <3




It was so...Hot.
Late July...2012, I think...
: )
I'm used to vehicles...with no air, Wanda...ahhhh : ) Not so Much!!!
Hahahahaha!!!!

We Filled the FUSO...on That Two Day...Missouri Run!!!
Oh My!!!!
Had to strap the Wardrobe, on the back of the FUSO's Door, to get it Home.
: )
oh my.

The Kind...Man, who helped me load, and strap...it, thought...I was Insane.
; )
Yeah...he wasn't the first, or...last.
<3 
I, was Grateful...for his Help.
<3
{He wasn't happy, when I told him...we'd have to 'Center' the Old Gal...a little better.
; )
 Explained...
Deputies...like to 'See'...'Tail Lights', and 'Brake Lights'. ; )
 'Turn Signal's'...may be...optional, depending on The Officer.}
: ) 




Like the rabbit hole, when ya move one piece in the house... ya have to move a Hundred.
so...it's been a Challenge.
: )


The Good News, it's required me to go through....loads of things.
Drawers...filled with...paperwork, old...old...receipts, pictures...documents, from decades back.
'Memories'...
oh my.

While...sorting, ran across...some documents, from 1994.
Began...reading them.
oh my.
They made me find a seat.
Took my breath...away.

I, realized...after reading...One...simple paragraph, within those documents, what...a Mistake,
 I'd made all of those years ago.
How...wrong, I'd been.

A...mistake, that...carried over, until...recent times.
oh my.

Sat down...and...wept.
: (

I'm going to try...to figure out, how...to explain my 'mistake'...away, to someone...who, So...Deserves...to hear it.

Don't know...if, I was just too...immature, 27 years ago...to understand, what that simple...paragraph meant, when I read it back...then.
 maybe.
: (
It sure...struck...a Nerve, the moment I read it, today.
Like...I said, had to find a seat.
oh...my.

I, know...what was said, would never...ever....'fly', with me, today.
Ever.
Or...the One, I owe an apology to.

To many, maybe...it would seem like nothing.
Maybe, the One...I'll be sharing this with, will see it, as 'nothing'.

It is.

To...me, it...means a lot.
Says, a lot....about my judgement.

John's favorite character from NCIS, Leroy 'Jethro' Gibbs, had Many Rules.
 #6...was,
"Never Apologize... It's a Sign of Weakness."

That's one...I, feel he's sadly mistaken about.
<3
When I've made a mistake, I'll do my best, to make it right.
I intend...to do just that.
Soon.

Somehow...it always boils down...to The 'Old Souls'.
Found the documents...'really', while I was 'reacquainting'...myself, with a wonderful...old, mid 1800's Server.

{'Shenanigans'... ; )
as Liz...would call them. : ) {Peg, Too!!! : )}
Getting 'Sidetracked',
 'Lost'...
'Drawn In'...
by The 'Old...Souls'. 
<3 }

Had...I not, been so mesmerized...by it's charm...most likely....wouldn't have spent the time...or, noticed anything within, for another...27 years.
Maybe...never.
oh my.

This...apology, 'explanation'...to say the least, certainly can't wait another 27 years.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.
Barb C. 






 

No comments: