Wednesday, August 5, 2020

No words.



The Servpro Men, just left.
They're coming back...tomorrow.
They are super nice, and work very hard.
That basement, is a mess.
: (
I had the Boys, Justin, and Eric...start piling things high...wherever they could, to get things to higher ground, in case it flooded, again.
It's total...destruction, on every level.
The Servpro Guys, tore out all of the drywall, about 4 feet up.
All of the doors, and casings, are...gone.

I, can't even look at it.
Hearing them...demolish, was absolutely...devastating.
Peanut, my little Best Friend, sat next to me shaking.
She, doesn't understand...what's happening.
That, makes two of us.

The IDOT, opened the area where the drain tile was/is located.
I, have no idea...if it will drain.

Looks to me, like it's seeping into the ground.
I, don't see any intact tile. 
All...
for a Wrongful...Trail, that nobody, should ever walk on.

There were things, I'd wanted to save...but, the Men told me, I should let them go.
: (
Mostly, I agreed with them.

 Made my way to the basement, a few minutes ago.
I, didn't go down there, while they were working.
 Doubted...I could've kept my composure.

I was doing o.k., until...I saw this.

It's an old...level, John probably used, when he was building the walls, in the basement.
Under...the old, level...
was an empty pack, of John's Lucky Strikes.
I picked it up, and...cleaned it off, the best..I could,
then...
Lost It.
Absolutely...
Lost It.
Melted into a Pool...of Heartbreak.
 Had to remind myself..to breathe.
It...
Literally Knocked The Wind Out Of Me.
All Of It.

so...
yes, I'm glad...I didn't go there, while the Men were working.

There are...no words.









No comments: