Thursday, August 6, 2020

Finding Strength...in moments of weakness.

Found my way...to the basement, early...
this morning, before the Servpro Guys, arrived.
I, knew....I'd better find my feet, and face the Music, before it was gone.

I went into the back corner closet...I'd not been in, for decades.
Opened the door, and saw an old...suitcase, partially open, on the floor.
I'd never seen it, before.
I, opened it wider, and began carefully looking through it.
Inside, was much of John's personal papers.
His, long...long...ago, Art Work, and Drawings.
<3 <3 <3 
Then, I saw a leather pouch.
It, was a Billfold.
All, hand tooled.
Had John's name, and initials...tooled into the leather.
I knew, it was something, John...had made.
<3
I tucked it under my arm...and set the suitcase up high, on the things...we are attempting to save.
{Had I not found that old suitcase, this morning.....I'm sure, it would've been gone. It's in pretty sad..shape.}

Rescued a few other precious...things, as well.
<3

After the Men...arrived, I sat down with John's Billfold.
I, never...ever...went through John's Wallet. Ever. 
John, never said...I couldn't...but, that's something, I would...never, do.
He, never...ever...went through my Purse, ever.
Hahahaha.
I remember asking John to grab something out of my purse, every now, and then....
: )
He, never would.
; )
He'd just bring my purse, to me....and let me Dig.
: )
I, always felt, whatever....he kept in his wallet, was His...Business.
; )
So...it was difficult, opening his Billfold, today.
I, kind of felt...like I was invading his privacy.
: (
I, opened it, and carefully....went through it, because...I felt, maybe....I should.

Oh my.
<3
It Held...Everything, that was So...John.
<3 
I won't share...it's contents, here..
I, will..with our Children, and Grandchildren....
<3 
Most items that were dated, were from the early, to mid...70's.
Before I knew John.
I found it interesting...that there were many things in John's Wallet, then...
that, I carried in mine, about that same time.
<3
There was a Title, to a 1965 Mustang, folded neatly...inside.
I, also...carried a Title to a 1965 Mustang, in my Wallet, about that same time.
<3 <3 <3
 
I, lost that Mustang...had to sell it, to pay the fines, when I was picked up...for no muffler, and a few other...little violations.
: )
John, also...had a 'Moving Violation'...Ticket, tucked in his wallet.
; )
I, couldn't make out...exactly what it was for, but....I have a few, ideas.
; )
I, carried a few of Those.... with...around then, as well. 
; )
I gotta tell ya, finding John's Wallet, really...gave me a lot of Strength, today.
It...was such, a Blessing, through...all of this, Madness.
Priceless.
<3 <3 <3 





No comments: