Friday, August 28, 2020

Life. It's All...about 'The Journey'.

 Got everything wrapped up, at the Iowa City Estate Sale, yesterday.
I purchased one, of the Beautiful Chandeliers...and the little concrete Elf, along with a handful of other little things, at the end of the sale.
Pal, Bill...took down the Chandeliers, that sold, yesterday....That, was Fun.
Oh My.
: )
The one I purchased was attached about 16 feet, in the air.
Oh...my. 
{He wouldn't let me take pictures...of him doing his acrobatic stunts. ; ) hahahaha!}

When we were getting ready to leave, I sat outside, in my Favorite Spot, on Barbara's Patio.
: )
It's so lovely....so....Peaceful.
That house, is going to make someone...a Very, Happy Home.
Beautiful location, and....as I've said numerous times, the Neighbors...are Amazing.
<3

Helper, Brandon...has been working around our Home, cleaning up Storm debris, as I've been away.
Thank God...for Him.
<3
He's coming out, again...today, I'll be able to work with him, and hopefully...we can get a lot done.
Another Storm is gonna blow through this afternoon.
I'm sure, we'll lose more limbs. Many, are very precarious, from the August 10th. Storm.

I told Son, Justin...after the last Storm, when he was trying to get everything done....in a hurry,
"This, is a Marathon, not...a Sprint."
It's gonna take time.

So many Folks, from the last Sale...want to come to the rabbit hole.
There's no way.
It's been closed, for so long, because of the highway construction.
That Wrongful...Trail, has decimated the rabbit hole, our Home....and, my life.
I'm not sure, how to pick up all of the broken pieces.
I've always been pretty good, at making a 'Silk Purse...out of a Sow's Ear'....
but...
This time, it's gonna be pretty tuff.
There's not much 'Ear' left...to work with.
Loads, of Wrongful...Heartbreak, though.
It's so difficult, to 'Create'....put pieces back together, when...you're in 'pieces'...yourself..
So much Loss....on so many levels, for so long.

I used to have 'vision'...and could 'see' a project 'done'...before I moved a piece.
Kind of, I...guess, like an Artist, looking at a blank Canvas, can 'see' their Painting completed...before their brush touches the canvas.
My Canvas, isn't 'blank'. 
I, have to try...to work through...the disgusting 'Art', the IDOT, and Fairfax, has so very wrongfully Smeared, Butchered...and Destroyed, my 'Canvas'.
I, don't know where...to begin.
Haven't figured out, quite...how...to do that. 

Finding...the 'Soul'...to even pick up 'the brush'...is daunting.

Guess....like I told our Son, this isn't a Sprint.
I'll have to do...what I can, the best...I can...over time.
Some days, I've learned, since this began, with Fairfax, and the IDOT, 4 years ago...
just climbing out of bed in the morning, may be the best I can do.
I'll have to be ok, with that.
{That's the hard part.}

I've thought about...things, a lot...over the last, many years. 
I've thought...about why, am I so....persistent, passionate, about this wrongful IDOT, and Fairfax, mess.

I, think....it's about Accepting Things, I can't change.
I, can't change Storms, or their damages.
I, accept that.
I, can't change...a virus.
I, accept that.
I, can't change...when The Lord, decides....when it's Time, for those we Love...So Deeply, 
to go Home... to Him.
It's been difficult, but, I can...accept that.
but...
I believe...I Can, and...Should, do what I Can, my Best....to stop this 'Wrongfulness'.
Hold people to their Word.

Not...doing the 'Right' thing, is Not...Acceptable.
Giving Up, on What's Right, is Not....Acceptable.
Living with Avoidable Regrets...is Not, Acceptable.

You see... what's happening here, will also affect many other Innocent People, on many levels, in the future, if this situation is not corrected.
If...I walked away, threw up my hands, I couldn't forgive myself, when...other's suffer wrongful dealings, and.....when tragedy strikes, 
{sadly, it will.}
 so wrongfully, so...needlessly, that...could've been so easily corrected, if only...Anyone, from the IDOT, or..Fairfax, City Hall...would've cared, and kept their word.

I, know...how frustrating This has been for my Family, Friends...'Loved Ones', to watch.
That...makes me sad.
: (
It hasn't been a 'Picnic' for me, either.
My health, Home, Business, and...my Soul, have suffered, too.
but...
 when someone loses 'Their' Loved One....next to this Highway, I want to Know, in my Heart...
I did Everything I Could, to Prevent That. 
When someone...is Promised something, legally...in a Recorded Agreement,
 those Promises, should be kept.
Sadly...This Was All Settled, Legally.
but...
the IDOT Breached our recorded Settlement Agreement, that Stated there shall be No Trail on The Bridge, that adjoins our Land, or...on any of the Land, taken from us, for this Highway Project.
I watched the IDOT build it anyway. : ( : ( : ( Wrongfully. Unjustly. 
I watched them Take more Land, and Trees, than were necessary, according to the Engineer who created this plan, for the IDOT, In Writing, and.... Solely for Fairfax's Trail. : ( : ( : ( 
I tried, and tried...to stop them. They kept denying there was a Trail, as I...watched them build it.
Have You Any Idea...how Crushing, that's been?


I couldn't Live...with the regrets, if I didn't proceed.
I, wonder...how those, who've done Everything in their power, to do what's 'Wrong', in this case...
will be able to 'live'...with themselves, when tragedy strikes, knowing...they could've prevented it.
Guess...that's not something I can be concerned with, that's between them, and God.
That's their...'Journey'.
I've given them...all of the information, and...done all I can, to save them...from future regrets.
I'm so sorry, for them. I, Truly...am. 
I, wouldn't wish...the kind of regrets, they may have to live with, if things aren't made 'Right'...
on anyone.

Life...is all about the Journey.
This is Mine.
I'm weary...and, deeply sad.
but...
I'm moving forward.
Stay Tuned.
Please, Pray for me.
I need all the Help...I can get.



I've got to see it through.
Do...my best.
One...day, at a time.

Love to Ya...
Barb C.

{In the top video, from yesterday, you'll see the trail, is NEXT to the Highway, with No Division. Not 15 feet from the traveled portion of the Highway, as the IDOT Stated, to me...in 2018.
I stated to the Cyclist, in the second video, that there are 9,000 Vehicles, a day, in front of our Home... there's closer to 13,000, according to the IDOT's Traffic Counts.}







No comments: