Saturday, August 1, 2020

Be Kind....to Yourself, and.... Others.




Sat down with yesterday's cold...sittin' in the pot,
 coffee...
 this morning....
pondering about what I would write this morning.
My mind's been racing, since about 4 a.m.
So much to do, so many obligations....
so much...uncertainty, so much...'hurry up, and wait'.
In other words...my life seems completely....
 Out of Control.
'Normal'.
: )

Drain tile hasn't been fixed, so..basement, is getting uglier by the day.
Insurance Adjuster is coming on Monday, along with another company to write an estimate.
Pal, Bill...and I, are heading to Iowa City, today...to work on that Estate.
{Sale will be August 13-16 more images, and details, soon. }

As I was looking through images, this morning, ran across the one above, of the entrance door, to the rabbit hole.
Pal, Maurina...had brought the bronze 'Confessions' plaque to one of the Sale's here, Many...Years ago.
It's the real deal, and when I saw it, had to buy it, because....that little 'Rabbit Hole', has heard Many....
'Confessions', over the years.
<3 <3 <3 
I nailed the little plaque to the door, as a permanent Invitation.

There's something...about that Rabbit Hole, that seems to invite people....to open up, and...share their 'Stories'.
It, embraces...comforts, somehow....in it's Grand...Chaos.
It...seems to 'Listen', and....never... 'Judge'.
<3 <3 <3 
I, remember....when I saw the little plaque, I thought, '5 to 7 Daily'...
didn't seem quite right.
That's a pretty small window, for all of the 'Confessions' that need to be heard.

One, late morning....shortly after I'd placed the little plaque on the door, a group of women stopped by.
I was sitting outside, on the ground, painting a sign, that read, 
"Be Kind to Yourself, and Others"
It was during a time, when everyone who had been stopping by, seemed to be juggling so much, trying to do Everything....for Everyone, except themselves.
I told one after the other....
to
 Be Kind, to Themselves...and, Others....
'In That Order'.
: )
That's Not...as Simple, as it sounds.
; )
but,
It's Absolutely Necessary.
It's something, that most people have to keep reminding themselves to do, often.
It's not....easy.

The women climbed out of their Fancy...Fancy....Car, and headed to the rabbit hole.
I welcomed them, then...told them to go inside, and see what they could find.
: )
Told them, if they needed anything, or had any questions, to come get me, I'd be right there, painting.
; )
The women, made their rounds, each had found a little something, we got settled up, then...
the last woman, who had been inside the longest, came walking up to me...
and tried to shove two, dollar bills, in my hand, 
but...I couldn't see what she was holding, and paying for.
I asked her, what she was buying....and she said...
"This, I want it for my friend, I think she'd love it. It doesn't have a price, but I thought two dollars would be fair."
I, looked at what she had in her hand....and, about fell over.
It was the 'Confessions' Plaque.
uh oh.
I knew, she had to have RIPPED it off of the door, with force.
Holy...Smokes.
: (
I said... "Ma'am, that's not for sale."
She replied...
"Yes it is. My Friend would Want This! Here...Take the Money."
oh my.
; )
Instead....I Took the Plaque, from her clenched hand, walked away, grabbed my Drill....
and Immediately Screwed It to The Door.
: )
{Kinda reminds me, now...of the IDOT's, and Fairfax's....'manners'.}

It's all about 'The Journey'....
oh my.
; )

I'm heading to the Rabbit Hole, this morning.
{Not Open...}
As much...as it hurts, to go outside, I...Really Need, to be Kind...to myself, today.
Once I get inside, and close the door, behind me....I, know....I'll be 'Home'.
Comforted.
I've Got To Leave, 'Outside'...
'Outside'.
The Rabbit Hole, can listen to my 'Confessions'...today.
<3 <3 <3 

The Rabbit Hole, looks... about like how I feel, these days.
It always...does.
Good,...bad, and...ugly.
That's ok. 
: )
<3
It Is...what It Is.
<3 <3 <3 

Love, to You.
Barb C.










No comments: