Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Gratitude.

Every time we conduct these Estate Sales, there's Lessons Learned.
The Iowa City Sale, taught me much.
The Home, and Furnishings..were Beautiful.
As I'd written, earlier..when I first saw the Beautiful Furnishings, I told Mary Beth, Barbara's Daughter, 
'If...I were a Wealthy Woman...I'd cut Ya a check...and buy it All.'
: )
Her Mother, and I..have very similar taste. <3

We never buy anything before the Sale. Nor, do our Helpers.
That's Our Rule.
Customer's First.
That, can be very painful, I know.
Most of the time, what we would really like to purchase, sells...the first, or second day.

The strange thing...at this sale..after working there, in that Beauty...every day, then...coming Home, to our 'Home', I realized how Incredibly Blessed, I am.
The house, is dusty...from the construction. 
It's So Battered, outside, and...in.
yet...
I wouldn't trade any of it, for Barbara's.
or, anyone else's....either.

I'm sure, many of Barbara's Treasures, were worth more money, than what we have.
but, what I've brought into our Home...has never been chosen for their monetary value, or...their 'Perfection'.
'Soulfulness'...
is the deciding factor.


There was a Lot...of Soulfulness, at Barbara's....too. 
I, managed to purchase a few little, Soulful...Treasures, at the end, of the Sale. <3
but...
The Lesson, {one of many} I learned...from this sale, is how Very Much...I need to remember, 'Appreciate', what we have.
I, often forget...how Truly Blessed, we are.
Take things for granted.
: (

When it's my turn, to have an 'Estate Sale', I'm sure...many will scratch their heads, wondering why...some of these things, meant so much to me.
: )
Well, I hope...our Children, will be like Mary Beth, and...explain. <3
The Love...of Old.
The Soulfulness.
The Memories, of Gathering Trips.
The sleeping on a Porch, for three nights, in my case....to be number One, in the door at an Estate Sale.
The Miles...and Miles...and, Miles. 
Great Ones.
The Auctions, and...'Barn Diggin'. 
: )

When I look around the house, I not only see 'Soulfulness', I see 'Faces'.
The Folks, who have Given...me the Most...Precious Pieces....knowing, how very much....
I Appreciate them.
The Folks, I've so enjoyed...purchasing 'Soulfulness'...from.
'Friends'.
I, told Mary Beth, that's why I won't buy from someone who rubs me the wrong way.
Not...for our Home.
I'd 'see' them...too. ; )
Only Good Vibes, in our Home.
<3

Everything, seems kinda forlorn...around Home.
We've been through A Lot, over the last several years.
yet...I wouldn't trade...Any of it...away.
<3
That, was a Lovely...Lesson, to learn.

Grandson, Justin...came to Barbara's Sale.
I was eating lunch, in the Beautiful Kitchen, when he arrived.
When he found me, his eyes were Big as Saucers.
: )
He said... "Whoever lives Here...must be Very Rich!!"
I, smiled, and said... "Yes, she was. Just like You, and Me. <3 
She Loved this 'Beauty', like You..Love Your Fishin'. <3 
You, are So Rich, to have such a Great Love...for the Outdoors,
 Hunting...and Fishing.
It's called 'Passion for Life'. You Have That...
 You, Too... are Very 'Rich'."
He 'Got' It. 
<3 <3 <3 
Totally...Understood.
<3 <3 <3 

Love, to Ya...
Barb C.
{Please keep Iowa in your Prayers. <3 }



 

No comments: