Saturday, August 8, 2020

Shiftin' Gears... Iowa City Estate Sale August 13-16.

Shifting Gears.


I'll be posting images, and details concerning the Iowa City Estate Sale, starting the Evening of August 9th. 

Hopefully...there will be No MORE Wrongful Catastrophes, caused by The IDOT District 6, this upcoming week. I've been tied to Home, with the Flooded basement, and Servpro working here, daily. I'm very Grateful, to Pal, Bill...for working in Iowa City, during these hectic, demanding... and devastating... times.


I've also...been so concerned, that something could happen again, that would flood our basement. I'm nervous about leaving Home. The IDOT finally opened a hole in the ground, a few days ago, near our tile, but....it won't be able to drain, freely, seeping into nothing but dirt.

I'm also having 'Blogger Issues', as you can see, everything is double spacing.

: (

Daughter, Liz...is stopping by, to try to help me figure it out. It could, simply...be a 'Blogger Issue', as they seem to be 'Updating' everything, now. : (

So...it will be, what it will be. All of it. ; ) Just gonna have to Roll with The Punches, no matter.

After the Iowa City Sale, I'll be Setting my Sights, on this IDOT Wrongfulness. There are many issues, that have me gravely concerned. Wrongful Trails....and Flooding. With the IDOT's Trail Accommodations, for Fairfax, {That were Agreed through our Recorded Settlement Agreement, Would Not Be, after the IDOT Condemned our Land, for 'Highway Maintenance and Road Improvement', when according to their own Engineer, in writing...was actually Condemned for Fairfax's Trail, on the Bridge, and Under. : (  uh....oh. : (  } we have lost the drainage, not only from our Home, {gutters, and floor drain}but...The Rabbit Hole, as well. Our Land...will become a 'Mote'. { Poorly designed Stallman Drive/151 Intersection. } As I've shared with District 6, long before they broke ground, on numerous occasions. Verbally, and in writing. {I'm also terribly concerned about the Safety, but...the IDOT District 6, is not. They've proven that, over and over.} : (  I've never asked for anything, that wasn't Fair, and Forthright. Truth, Honesty...with the Expectation, of Those I Deal with, To Keep Their Word, as I do. That's All. It's called, 'Respect'. 'Integrity'. 

I've seen very little, of either...over the last 4 years. 

I've often...wondered, how the Fairfax, Mayor... Council, Engineer, IDOT Boys...would 'feel', if Their Mother, Daughter...Sister, or...Wives...were being Treated, in Their Absence, the way...They, have treated...me, and...All, We've Worked our Lives...away, for.

For that matter, I..also, wonder...how 'They'd All Feel', if 'Their' Dad, Son, or....Brother, were being Treated, as We are...in 'Their Absence'. oh...my. 

Several, of my Dear...Friends, have suggested, if...I weren't a Woman, they'd all treat me differently. I, don't believe that. {I, don't want to believe that. } They, also... say... "If John were Here...This, Wouldn't be Happening." : ( I, don't...want to believe...that, of Them...either. 

I wasn't Raised, Brought Up... to 'Think'..That Way. Guess, Time will tell. It Always...does. <3



So...I'm heading to Iowa City, and...am looking Forward, To That! It's an Amazing Sale, with Loads...of Beauty. 

Stay Tuned!!!

Love...to Ya!

Barb C. 

{Thought...since I posted my Favorite Patsy Cline...Quote, I...should probably, post...one of Her...Perfect Tunes, above...as well. ; ) }









No comments: