Thursday, June 13, 2019

Everything... happens, for a Reason.

My poor, tired...little laptop, won't let me see the pictures that are stored within, anymore.
So, tonight...I picked them..blindly, at random.
While doing so...I traveled a Million Miles.
Blindfolded.
: ) 
The first image... is of my Dad's Grave Stone.
I, was 23...when he left us.
I, was the Executor. 
My siblings...on both, my Mom, and Dad's side....are much older...than myself.
but...
the last years, of our Parents Lives...I, was much closer.
Losing Dad... dropped me to my knees.
Literally. 
He, was my Best Friend, and...I'll Miss Him, until we meet, again.
There isn't a day... that goes by...when I don't think of Dad.
This image.... has several memories attached.
A lovely... lovely Girl... gave this old Currier and Ives, print...to me.
<3
She has a such a gentle soul...and, understands...I, do too. : ) <3
It, also... takes me back...many, many...years ago.
I, was about 8 years old.
I went to school, at Taylor, in Cedar Rapids.
Walked about three blocks...to school.
Every day... after school, a girl... who was about 12, waited for me..and, beat me up.
I could never... understand, why.
I, didn't know who she was. 
I was too ashamed... to tell my Parents.
I, felt... I should've been stronger. 
I, felt... they would've thought, I should've been tuffer. 
Looking back, my Folks...would've been heart sick. 
as...all Parents, would. 
This... print, also... reminds me, of the Lonesome Dove, who follows me, around our land.
Doves... mate, for life.
{So, did I.}
There's been a Lonesome Dove...that follows me, around our 'Rabbit Hole', since John... went away.
I've taken many pictures...of her, or...him, over the last 5 years.
I've pointed that... 'Lonesome Dove'... out, to Folks... who've stopped by.
That Dove... sits, all by herself...watching, over me. 
My heart breaks... as she coo's. 
: (



Me, and... Admiral.
<3
I bought Admiral... when he was 4 months old.
I, was 12.
He... came from Great Stock. 
War Admiral... Man O War...
yes, 
He.. was a Thoroughbred.
I paid, 50.00 for him. 
We grew up...together.
Swimming across the Cedar River, together.
Traveling a Million Miles, on trail rides, rodeos...and, beside...the highways.
I, always... rode bareback. 
I trained Admiral, like...so many, many...others.
No bridle. No saddle.
just...
a twine, and Trust.
<3
He's buried here.
We spent 28 years...together. 
<3 

The city of Fairfax... is, still...messing, with me.
I'm sorry, for them.
I'm not 8 years old...anymore.


Love...to ya.
Barb C.

No comments: