Sunday, June 9, 2019

The Ford... The Highways, and... The Back Roads.

When I woke up this morning...
I decided to take a little trip.
I, knew...I was going to have to attend, Kevin Slater's Memorial...this afternoon.
I, also...knew, I sure didn't want to.
Guess...I don't want to acknowledge, that...it's really, real.
I bailed in The Ford...and hit the Highway, and Gravel Roads.
They, throughout my life, have been the Best Therapists.
I'll write about, how Amazing... they were, in a day, or two.
I found an old...Store Counter, Showcase...that some Super, Nice...Folks had.
 Drove about 90 miles, into Southeastern Iowa... to pick it up.
I, didn't need it...for the rabbit hole, really.
I...needed the Therapy, far...more. 
I, got it. : )
It, was a Wonderful... day. 
Tonight, I'm pretty weary.
I went to Kevin's Memorial, and will attend his Funeral...in the morning.
It was Good, to see so Many...this Evening, that were there, for Kevin.
They were also, like myself...there, for his Family, and Loved Ones, too. <3
Beautiful...People.
When, I think...about my little escape, this morning...
I realize, how much, like my Dad, am... I.
He, too...would run away, when...heartbreaking times, came along.
Our differences, I...finally understood, today...
when I turned the Ford, back... North.
Dad...couldn't've.
<3 <3 <3 
Love...to ya,
Barb C.


{The Alison Krauss, tune...I posted above, is one...I've listened to, a Million times, down the rabbit hole.
I, never....'Heard' it, until...several months ago.
It, was like John... Finally, made me 'Hear' it.  <3
He, may..as well, have been Singing it, to me...himself, when I Finally...
'Heard' it. : ) <3
Priceless.
That's...how 'The Journey'...works.
That's... how 'Winks'...work. : ) <3
That's...how God, Works. : ) <3 }

No comments: