Saturday, March 24, 2012

Patches...

This is a Large....Wooden Bowl...I have in the House... It was broken...in two...John took some old tin scraps...and patched it for me.....several years ago.... Love...It....
Many years ago....when my friends, Michael, and Ed came through....{Leftovers Antiques}Michael said he was looking for broken wooden bowls... to patch... I sold him a couple... then, I ran across this one....and asked John...if he could fix it..... The rest is history.... Thanks, to Michael's Great Idea.... I put John to doing his artwork...on the Old Darlings....
and that led to so many other cool things....John has created....
No worries...if Michael needs them...I'll find him some...too...
This is what I Love...about Creative Souls... They Inspire....and...are Happy to Share....
The ones...that have an Artists...Soul....oh my...
They Truly Bring....Beauty...to the World....
in so many ways....
Love 'em!
Have a Lovely Day....
Barb C.
I have a very busy day, ahead....working down The Rabbit Hole.... then...later...in the day...taking a ride to Southern Iowa...to see Marv....
a Long day...indeed....

4 comments:

Leftovers Antiques said...

When you break a leg it gets a cast, when you break a bowl it gets a patch... Like the make do's of days gone by, things had to outlast their strength and continue with patches and mends... all things old can be new again.... Love ya Barb!!

Simply Iowa said...

Words...to...LIVE...by... My Sweet Friend...
You have been such an Inspiration...to me...and countless others, Michael...
Your...Gentle... Creative Soul...
Truly...Brings...Much... Beauty...
To The World...
Love to You...
Barb C.
Thank You...for Insisting....Ed Turn That Truck Around...so Many Years ago...
You Both have been such a Blessing...in my life... : )
sometimes... when I have been..so badly broken...You Boys... have applied...a Loving...'Patch'...or two...Thank You...
Have an Amazing Round Top!!!!
Love Ya!

MEM said...

The old bowl story strikes a note---in the days of hanging stuff on the walls, I managed yo break my grandmother's very large dough bowl when it fell to the floor. I still have it, however and the glue still is holding many years later. I carefully mended it without leaving traces of Elmer! Nice story. First time visitor.

Simply Iowa said...

Thanks for Stopping By!
Good Job....Those Bowls...are Very Difficult...to Patch well...
Your are Blessed...to have such a Treasure!
Love...to Ya!
Barb C.