Saturday, July 10, 2010

Antique Shoppin' 'til we were Droppin'!

We Started out at 6:00 a.m. and it's going on 9:00 p.m..... We had a GREAT Day! Our first stop was at Apple Ann's Show, in Alpha, Ill. { Alpha... first stop... hmmm... there is something Biblical here....} It was an adorable show... Very fun! Great prices... Allyson bought some wonderful stoneware bowls... and 2 neat old Cane Fishing Poles... I bought all sorts of stuff... Everything from wonderful lace, to an Alabaster lamp... The weather was amazing... and people were crawling all over!
Our next stop was Bishop Hill... It was a wonderful show... It was difficult to find a place to park!!! Tons, and tons of people! This is Michelle, and her Darling Mom... They are the Sweetest Girls... I bought a huge stack of heart shaped cake tins from them... I could have bought soooo much more.... Their Ironstone prices were wonderful... { the punch bowl is haunting me... only 125.00.... what was I thinking....} You must go visit their store, in Dubuque, Iowa! 'Willows' 471 W, 4th Street... {563- 690-1593} If you love country, you will Love Willows!
Here is Dale and Allyson... We were quite the trio! Had a wonderful time, and we are thinking about taking a trip to Brimfield, this Fall...... Just for fun! Yeah!!! We'll see... I'll have to do some serious saving up!
This is just a blink, of the Bishop Hill Show... It was amazing!
Here's Mary Ann... { Erenbergers Antiques... 'F' Street Amana, Iowa... {319-622-3230} She had sold, and sold... She has an amazing store... It's a 'Must See', if you Love Early American Country....
I bought this darling, old, old iron legged wash bench... I'm so glad I snagged it, when I did... I saw one person, after another, try to buy it... I also bought the old pillow, ticking...that is resting on top of it...Love it's form...
Bought the gnarly 3 drawered stand, and the wonderful drawer, that is resting on top... I Love The Drawer... it is covered in the most beautiful, Victorian velvet fabric... oh my...
Ahhh... Ziggys... This darling shop, is in Galesburg, Illinois... I have shopped there, for years.... Never leave, empty handed... Today was no different... Bought this wonderful, 1960's, blue and white coverlet, from one of my favorite Gals... It has Angels On it!!!! Be sure and stop, at Ziggy's, when traveling through... He's on the Main Drag... You can't miss him... He's always open... and always has something new in!
Funny... I was just talking to Joan, {anything goes here} about stone fruit...I never can buy it... too expensive... I found 7, beautiful pieces, today, 2 wonderful clusters of grapes... a peach, lemon, orange, pear, and banana at our last stop... for 12.00.... All of it... Oh my... It now belongs to Allyson... She is starting a collection... What a wonderful, affordable start....
I have many more treasures to unpack... it was a great day... I love all of the places we stopped... Found some great Garden... a darling old glider, with tulips in the seats...one of the most darling fountains... beautiful glass...and, a 7 foot harvest table, that I have to go back to Illinois, to retrieve...We all brought back treasures... Ran in to so many folks, I knew... Wanda and Terry, from Gatherings, Anamosa, Iowa...{gatherings iowa} She said after reading yesterdays post, couldn't get the vision out of her mind... me, with a wet 'T' shirt... It is a scary thought.... Try being the one, in the 'T' shirt.... She was haulin' loads and loads out, too.... Larry and Linda... 'Painted Pony', Susan Shire, Gwen, The Moffit's... and sooo many more... { I woke up, and was horrified! I didn't mention Matt and Sarah... or Colleen... Daryl.... See... this is what happens... when you get old... brain lapses... ahhhh... they know I love 'em...}It was a good day...
Hope your day, was even better!
Barb C.

1 comment:

Gatherings said...

I may have hauled loads but at least it all fit in one trip!I don't have to go back!