Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rainy Days....

{ here is a peek { it was still pouring down rain, when I got home!}of the load I gathered today... Wonderful plants, from Sweet Val... And, the Gnarliest little Patio Set, from Jerri and Steel.... All is, truly right with the world...{ the Bloody Mary's { for medicinal purposes only} are a huge help...} I thought I would drown, today... The rain never let up!!!! Had to make deliveries to Pal Val, 2 heavy, heavy wonderful concrete planters... oh my.... They are so incredibly amazing... with winged creatures, and the 'Old Man in the Wind' on them... wow... I have never seen anything like 'em.... they have found a most wonderful home... Thought I would deliver them, early this morn, before the rain hit... ah...I was too late... we got soaked....{ they said it wasn't supposed to rain 'til after noon...} I had a green shopping bag, over my hair, that Val had in her garage... thinking it would at least keep that much dry...{ I had appointments, after leaving Val's...} well, the bag worked for all of 3 seconds... we both had our hands full, each on the end of a 175 pound urn, and the bag slips over my face... I can't see where I'm goin', the urn is too heavy to put down... Val can't help, and loose her grip....{ and, of course we are laughing... uncontrollably!} we turned around, and she walked backwards, guided me over rocks, hoses and entryways... oh my... just as I turned, to put it up on a ledge, my back went... I could feel just the tiniest little pull... but as I helped her load plants, in the pouring down rain { she donated tons of them, for the flood victims of Cedar Rapids, that are moving back into their homes! Yeah!} My back got worse and worse... I could barely make it into Val's house... But kept moving, and grumbled all day, but have done a few stretches, and am hoping it will come out of it by morning.... Got advertising done, in Vinton...{ about 40 miles north of Fairfax...} The Collector's Journal is such a great paper... It comes out weekly, and is very reasonable... It tells whats goin' on, here in the mid-west, for auctions, tag sales, antique shows and is fun to read! I love working with the Gals there...They are the Best! As I was heading home, I noticed I had missed a call... It was from my old friend Jerri, who lives in Van Horne...she and her Grandson, Steel, had run across some wonderful things, and by gosh, their place was on my way home! Yeah! They had some darling curved top windows, and the gnarliest little patio set... oh my! Steel helped load, and Jerri and I had a long overdue visit... all was right with the world! I think they are going to bring some fun stuff to the sale... I am sooo excited... I'm still a little stoved up, but, I'm nursing a Bloody Mary... {for medicinal purposes only...} Think I'll get out of these soggy clothes, and put my feet up... Didn't get a single thing done, here at home... I guess it will be tomorrow... after all... tomorrow is, another day.... Have a Wonderful Evening... Barb C.

1 comment:

Anita said...

I am ready for some sunshine tomorrow. Have got a mikkio chairs to paint and would like to spray...and the weeds have overtaken the back flower gardens....Those urns sound amazing.